𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

After a much needed talk with Alison, Klaus decided to give Beatrice the space she needed to process what she was going through

After a much needed talk with Alison, Klaus decided to give Beatrice the space she needed to process what she was going through. He'd left her a note in her room to let her know when she was ready he'd be there for her.

Klaus was listening to music in his room one morning when Bea gently knocked on his open door. He scrambled to turn the music off and stood up, "h-hey Bea." He had no idea why he was so nervous... it was probably because he hadn't spoken to her for weeks.

"Hey, Klaus." She said softly, her lips forming a smile reserved only for him.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"It will be," she replied, "Vanya mentioned she'd be playing at a concert tonight, do you want to go?"

"I'd love to." Klaus smiled.

Later that night, Klaus stood waiting by the door of the academy, waiting for Bea. He'd picked out his best plain blouse and leather pants, trying to tone it down only slightly.

He heard heels clicking down the stairs and he turned to see Bea wearing a black flowing dress, his jaw dropped but he quickly regained his composure as she approached him.

"You look... wow." Klaus was speechless for once.

"You don't look so bad yourself." Bea smiled, linking her arm with his and heading outside with him.

When they approached the venue Vanya was playing at, they took their seats and waited eagerly. Luther and Alison had shown up too and were a few rows behind them.

"Klaus, can I ask you something?" Bea asked quietly.

"Anything." He said, looking over at her.

They were both interrupted when the lights dimmed and the curtains went up, Vanya was stood in the middle of the stage holding her white violin. A beautiful harmony began to fill the concert hall and both Bea and Klaus were distracted from their conversation.

Once the concert had finished the pair waited to congratulate Vanya on her performance. When she walked out they both hugged her, "you were great out there, Vanya!"

"Thanks guys." She smiled shyly.

Alison and Luther offered to drive her home, Alison whispered something in Klaus's ear before she left, and he nodded.

"Come on, Beatrice, let me treat you." He grinned, leading her towards a small restaurant opposite the concert hall.

Bea went along with it, she didn't have anywhere to be and she wanted to tell Klaus what she didn't get to earlier.

Sitting at a table in the middle of the restaurant Klaus seemed fidgety, Bea noticed but didn't say anything. She was too nervous for what she'd been waiting to tell him ever since the night they fell asleep together on the roof.

At the end of the meal, they were sitting in silence until Klaus finally asked for the bill. Bea couldn't tell when the right moment to tell him was until they were strolling along the streets on the way home with the moon shining above them. She stopped walking and stepped in front of Klaus.

Bea finally plucked up the courage to speak, "Klaus, there's been something I've been wanting to tell you for a while..."

He finally focused on her, his hazel eyes holding her gaze. He nodded waiting for her to go on.

"It's just... I've been feeling this way for a long time, and I don't expect you to feel the same way... but there's just something I feel every time I'm around you. I've never felt this way before so I wanted to make sure it was real before I told you."

The corner of Klaus's lips twitched slightly, turning into a smile.

"I'm in love with you, Klaus Hargreeves. It may be too soon, but I just can't keep it to myself anymore." Bea said, her whole body felt like it was filled with butterflies.

When Klaus didn't say anything, Bea felt even more nervous, "I totally get it if you don't feel the same way—"

Before she could finish her sentence, Klaus had pressed his lips against hers. Bea didn't know what she expected, but she didn't expect his lips to be so soft. He cupped her face lightly, one hand on her cheek and the other on the nape of her neck.

Finally pulling away, Klaus's eyes didn't leave hers, "Beatrice, I would be a fool not to be in love with you too."

Bea felt herself blushing, she'd been so scared to tell him in fear of his reaction, she was relieved that he felt the same way.

"Come on, Bea, let's go home... I'll make us both a drink and we can sit by the fireplace." Klaus suggested.

"How romantic." Bea giggled.

"Oh that's just the beginning." Klaus grinned, offering her his hand that she gladly took and they walked hand in hand back to the academy.

sorry for the slow updates but i hope this was worth waiting for !! two more chapters left until the end of this book :)