Chapter Six

Andraste arrived at the ABC Café and walked through the shop, all the way to the back room. She opened the door without hesitation and found the room already crowded with the men from the other night.

"I told you she'd come!" A voice yelled out as someone ran up to Andra and lifted her into the air with a hug. Once she was set back down on her feet, she was staring at Courfeyrac.

"Of course I came," Andra smiled, smoothing out her dress.

"Enjolras had doubts after the impression we seemingly made on you the other night," Marius explained.

Andra looked past Courfeyrac to see a smiling Enjolras, happy to see Andra arrived. He looked more dressed up than the other day, whereing cleaner and newer looking clothing.

"Oi, Andra," A voice spoke sluggishly. Grantaire threw an arm around Andra's shoulders,  the free hand holding a bottle of wine. "Glad to see you came back. Wanna drink?"

"No thank you, Grantaire," Andra politely declined, allowing Grantaire to lead her over to the main table. She broke away from Grantaire and walked to stand in between Marius and Enjolras at the table.

"We didn't meet yesterday," Marius spoke from beside her, holding his hand out for her to shake. "I'm Marius."

Pleasure to meet you," Andraste smiled. "I'm Andra."

Marius continued to scan his eyes over the papers that lay about the table, which were seemingly flyers that had the date and time of a rally happening within the next two weeks. Andra joined Marius in reading over the posters while Enjolras stared at Andra, unknown to her.

Andra tore her eyes away from the posters once she was done reading them, looking up at Enjolras with a smile.

"I didn't know you were planning a rally," Andra spoke, looking back down at the posters.

"Well this is your first official meeting," Enjolras smiled. "Which starts now."

Enjolras left the table and walked to the front of the room, standing up on a chair so that he could get the room's attention. Enjolras was already a tall man, but on the chair he now towered over the men and Andra.

"Listen up," Enjolras spoke. "And please sit. We have a few things to discuss today."

Everyone found a seat at at the tables strewn about the room. Andra sat down in between Marius and Courfeyrac with Grantaire sitting across from her. Enjolras stopped down from the chair, no longer needing it.

"As many of you already know, we have a new member, Andra," Enjolras directed everyone's attention to Andraste. She smiled and gave a single nod.

She did not like the attention on her. Which was strange because she was constantly on stage. But in the Opera, you could simply get lost in the music. This is a revolution.

"Now, we are having our next rally in two weeks. It will be outside of the court house. We are expected a big turn out," Enjolras told them. "We Must spread the word while being discreet. Now let's get to work."

Enjolras stopped away from the front of the room, walking over to the main table. Everyone followed. It was at this moment that Andra realized Enjolras was the leader.

Andra realized he was higher up within this group and everyone looked up to him, but she just assumed that was because of his determined look and diligence. But he was not only the convener, he was the leader.

This amazed Andra. He was not that old. He was only in his early twenties or so, as all of these men are. They were just boys, creating a revolution. Andra stared at Enjolras for a moment in amazement, watching as he spoke to Courfeyrac in such a phlegmatic tone. He was a true leader.

"Enjolras," Andra called him over. He didn't hesitate to walk over to her and see what she needed. "There are a few people at the
Opera—singers and dancers—that hold the same political views. Shall I try to recruit them?" Andra asked. Enjolras's eyes lit up as he nodded.

"Yes, that would be wonderful, Andra," he spoke. "Are you able to make a few small flyers to give them with our location and next meeting on it?"

"Of course," Andra nodded, already walking over to the table.

"Just make sure you only speak to those you are sure support the revolution," Enjolras told her. "We do not want our information falling into the wrong hands."

"I understand," Andra nodded before grabbing a few scraps of paper and getting to work.

Marius had informed Andra that they were not to have a meeting tomorrow, partly because it was Sunday and that was for Religion and leisure. Although Andra had to wonder what his other motives were as he had a mischievous glint in his eyes when he told her. She simply nodded and left it alone.

Once Andra finished the papers, she tucked them into her bag and returned the ink to the middle table.

She bid the group farewell as she left for the night, Enjolras walking her back to the Opera House.

Once they made it to the Opera House, they had their usual farewell where Enjolras kissed her hand, which Andra was curious about. Normally a man wouldn't continue to kiss her hand out of politeness if their walk was a routine.

Right before Enjolras left, he smiled and told her he'd see her tomorrow, which Andra found strange. Marius said there was not a meeting tomorrow, they they wouldn't be seeing each other tomorrow.

Andra sighed and shrugged her thoughts away, walking up the steps to their Opera House and going inside.