Chapter Eight

"Evening boys," Andra smiled as she greeted Enjolras and Marius backstage.

She had just finished thanking a crowd of people who loved her performance and shooed then away, politely. The Opera House owners decide it was a good idea for the crowd to be able to meet the singers and dancers after the performances so they'll be encouraged to come back. This was a big hassle on the performer's parts.

"Enjoy the show?" She asked them with a smirk. Marius smiled and nodded, hugging Andra. She hugged him back.

Once they broke apart from the hug, Andra looked over at Enjolras. He looked spellbound.

"Are you okay, Enjolras?" Andra asked. At the sound of Andra saying his name, he snapped back to reality and nodded quickly.

"Yes," he spoke. "That performance was amazing."

"Thank you," Andra smiled, wishing he had decided to hug her as well as Marius. "Not nearly worth it for the payment we get." Andra smiled, which made Enjolras sad.

How bad are these conditions? Enjolras wondered to himself about the workers in the Opera House.

Andra wondered how they could afford to get a ticket to this performance—much less two tickets—but her question was answered when she looked down at the pair's clothes.

Of course. It all made sense. Enjolras and Marius came from rich families. This is why they were both always dressed fairly nicely. For some reason, this saddened Andra. Part of her felt like she could relate to the revolutionaries because they were also poor and came from nothing, but it was ignorant of Andra to believe that. At least they fought for the poor.

"Are you okay, Andra?" Enjolras asked her, seeing the sudden change in her demeanor. She opened her mouth to answer but was unable to get a word out when Eliza ran up to Andra.

"That performance was beautiful Andra!" Eliza smiled, now out of her ballet costume. She looked over at Marius and Enjolras, raising and eyebrow. "And who are the two of you?"

"I am Marius," Marius introduces himself to the blonde, kissing her hand to be polite. Eliza smiled at him and turned to the curly haired blonde.

"And I am Enjolras," Enjolras spoke. He did not kiss Eliza's hand.

"Oh, so you're Enjolras," Eliza smirked.

"What does that mean?" Enjolras asked, looking at Andra. Andra rolled her eyes and glared at Eliza.

"Nothing," Andra grumbled.

"Well we must be going," Marius spoke, saving Andra from Enjolras's questioning.

"Will we expect you tomorrow?" Enjolras asked.

"Of course," Andra nodded with a smile. Enjolras gave her a ghost of a smile back.

"Well then I wish you goodnight, Andra," Enjolras spoke and took Andra's hand, kissing it once again. He stared into her eyes the entire time, as if he couldn't bring himself to tear his gaze away.

"And it was lovely to meet you," Marius smiled at Eliza.

"As well as you," Eliza nodded, politely. The men then left, Andra watching them walk to the doors. Marius walked out first and left Enjolras holding the door as he glanced back at Andra. He took one final look of her in the amazing red and orange gown before leaving the Opera House, her voice echoing in his head singing the story of Icarus.

"Why must I leave now that you have found love?" Eliza asked, turning to Andra with wide eyes and an undeniable grin. Andra laughed.

"Why must you leave at all?" Andra asked with a sigh.

"Je suis désolé, Andra," Eliza frowned as she apologized. And she meant it. Eliza didn't want to leave anymore than Andra wanted her too. Eliza knew she would be courted as soon as she went home. And although Andra doesn't believe in love, Eliza does. And she wants to find it.

Andra didn't believe in love simply because of her parents and the world they live in. There isn't love in work. There isn't love in war. Her mother was not loved by anyone. Andra was not loved by anyone. This is what Andra saw, but this was not true.

She was loved by many which she never realized. She was loved by Eliza, although she was leaving. She was loved by Madame Courture, although she was dead. But even having only joined Le Amis De I'ABC two days ago, she was loved by the boys. Marius had already become a good friend of Andra's. Along with Courfeyac and Grantaire.

Enjolras was a different story. Andra knew he was there for her, as any alpha was there for his pack. He was the leader and so it was his job to care. But what Andra didn't know, is Enjolras's caring for her ran much deeper than just friends or just a leader.

Enjolras had cared for her this way since the moment he laid eyes on her, but he only realized it this night.