Chapter Fourteen

November 5, 1831

Andra had healed for the most part. Her bruises were gone and most of the aches of her bones were too. It was all thanks to Enjolras who had taken very good care of Andra.

Enjolras had only slept in the same bed as Andra the first night she stayed with him and then he slept on the sofa. Andra demanded she sleep on the coach, but the first night she tried to Enjolras picked her up, carried her to the bedroom, and tossed her on the bed.

The boys of Café Musain had assumed that Enjolras and Andra now shared a flat. They hadn't asked questions when they both showed up together one day with Andra's face all bruised up, but Andra had explained everything to them.

Enjolras loved many things about having Andra stay with him, one of which was seeing her beautiful face everyday. But his favorite was her voice. Andra liked singing and she wanted to keep her voice in good condition, so just like the body, she practices.

She often wrote songs at night and could be heard singing them when getting ready in the morning. She often sung when cooking, regardless if Enjolras was there or not. He told her he loved her voice and she could sing as much as she liked.

Enjolras and Andra had gotten closer lately. They often 'accidentally' brushed each other's arms when working next to each other and Andra would catch Enjolras staring at her from across the room when they weren't working together.

All of the revolutionaries noticed too, but they did not mind in the least. Many of them thought Andra was good for Enjolras as she made him loosen up a little bit and become more sensitive. And they also thought it hilarious to see Enjolras blush.

Andra, however, was oblivious. It was very clear to the revolutionaries how Enjolras felt about Andra, but she had no idea.

They had began their meeting in the afternoon. Andra wore a red dress with a corset, bought by Enjolras. She told him not too, but she also couldn't deny the fact that she had one dress and no money. She hated feeling like she owed him, but he insisted she didn't owe him a thing.

It was too soon to tell, but Andra believed she was getting stronger and filling out a bit more due to the change in food. She was finally becoming healthier again. Her hair had become more of its normal light brown and her complexion was less sickly and pale.

"Thomas André," Enjolras began speaking. He had taken his place at the front of the room, as normal. "He is an inspector under Javert."

"Is Javert his boss?" Grantaire asked. Enjolras nodded.

"Yes, but he also holds much power," Enjolras spoke.

"So what's the plan?" Combeferre asked, his arms crossed while he rested his feet on a table.

"We need a volunteer. Someone to get close to him," Enjolras spoke. The room went quiet. Then Andra raised her hand. Enjolras nodded at her to speak.

"How close?" Andra asked.

"What are you gettin at?" Grantaire creased his eyebrows together as he stared at Andra. Andra gulped, knowing her idea was foolish.

"I am a woman...he is a man..." Andra spoke, hoping the boys would catch on. They did not. The only one who seemed to have an idea of what Andra was saying was Jean, or as many people call him, Jehan.

"Are you saying..." Jehan leaned forward in his seat, pointing a finger at her. "That you would give your body to him to get information?"

Andra nodded, gaining gasps from around the rooms. Some of the men murmured and others smirk. Enjolras stared at Andra in a mixture of anger and disappointment.

"You would do that for the revolution?" Louis Roux, the singer from the Opera House, spoke.

Louis had informed Andra that everyone knew why she left the Opera House. They had heard Madame Barrac screaming that night. Apparently, Andra had sparked a mini revolt inside of the Opera House as many people began leaving after her.

Louis was very kind and was even able to bring Andra a few of her belongings, including the paper and ink Eliza had given her and a couple of dresses. Madame Barrac decided to have a bonfire using Andra's belongings as fuel.

"Why does that surprise you?" Andra asked, slightly annoyed. "Obviously it is not an ideal situation, but I would do it for you all. For the revolution. For France. When will you all start to believe that I am in this as deep as any of you?" She asked. Everyone went quiet. Andra looked up at Enjolras.

He was fuming only a moment ago, but he been able to regain his composure and hide his emotions behind a blank face.

"You will not go ahead with that plan," Enjolras stared Andra straight in the eyes.

"Well does anybody else have any ideas?" Andra asked. Everyone was silent.

"I don't think we have much of an option, Enjolras," Grantaire spoke. Enjolras snapped his head over to look at Grantaire, his anger now visible.

"I said no," Enjolras seethed. "And that is an order."

He then walked away from the front of the room and opened the door, slamming it shut behind him. He had never left the room like that before.

Andra stood up from her chair and ran out of the room, closing the door behind her. She found Enjolras pacing in the hallway, running his hands through his curly blonde hair. The hallway was dark and out of sight of anyone in the café.

"What was that all about?" Andra asked him, softly. He looked up at her, surprised. At first he looked scared, but once he laid his eyes on her he became calmer. "Since when do you care so much?"

"You're oblivious, Andraste," Enjolras gave her a half smile. "You have no idea how much I care." He continued to pace.

"What are you talking about?" Andra asked him, tilting her head to the side in confusion.

Enjolras stopped pacing. He turned and stared at her for a second before marching up to her and grabbing her hips before pressing his lips to hers.

It took Andra a moment to realize what was happening, but when she did, she kissed back. She wrapped her arms around the back of his neck, pulling his body closer to her.

Passion was shared between the two as they tasted each other's lips. They kissed, hungrily yet softly all at once. It felt like they had kissed for a millisecond when they broke apart to breath in air, staring at each other with love in their eyes.