Richie Tozier > 💋

Night in White Satin plays softly as you come closer to Richie. He’s wearing light blue boxers, clad in no shirt or pants.

You, in one of Richie’s shirts, and a pair of boy-short panties, dappled with red polka dots.

You wrap your arms around Richie’s neck, his hand encircle on your waist. You rest your head his shoulder, his on top of your head. You move closer until you’re pressed together. You sway to the music, not uttering a word.

-

Richie shot awake, sweat drenching his forehead.

“Baby?” You whisper, turning to him groggily. “Just-just a nightmare.” He breathes out, moving the hair off his forehead.

You wrap your arm and leg around his body,”It’s okay babe. You can tell me about it.”

Richie had been having nightmares about what happened just a few short years ago. The memories haunting every morsel of his being.

“No I-I don’t want to talk…” He trailed off. “Are you sure?” You ask, looking up at him. His eyebrows are furrowed and he looks confused. He nods, falling back into the pillow.

He tossed and turned for about half an hour, keeping you up the whole time.

You stood, grabbing his hand. “Come on.” You popped the cassette tape into the player, and the music crooned on.

Night in White Satin plays softly as you come closer to Richie.

He’s wearing light blue boxers, clad in no shirt or pants. You was one of Richie’s shirts, and a pair of boy-short panties, dappled with red polka dots. You wrap your arms around Richie’s neck, his hand encircle on your waist. You rest your head his shoulder, his on top of your head. You move closer until you’re pressed together. You sway to the music, not uttering a word.

Richie finally breaks the silence,”I remember once…we were thirteen years old. I was sick, and you insisted on taking care of me.” He broke his sentence to laugh,”And as I warned, you got sick as well. We were both sick as a dog, cuddling in your bed, listening to this exact song.”

I laughed as I listened to Otis Redding’s smooth voice. “Pain In My Heart” had been our song ever since that day.

    Four years after that dreaded summer, we all graduated. Ben went to Weasley university in New York, Beverly went to NYU for business, Bill moved to a New York and became a writer. I attended NYU with Beverly, but for the four short years most did. Richie, at the tender age of 22, was already a world famous comedian.

I’m still unsure of Mike’s whereabouts, as we lost contact after high school. But, I know he’s still in Derry, for god knows why.

The last time I heard from Eddie, he ran a limo service in Boston.

Richie and I were the only ones who stayed in close proximity.

I heard him exhale sharply through his nose, he was laughing. He smiled into my hair.

He reencountered the day after I graduated college, and we planned on living together.

It was Richie’s apartment, and after I graduated I would live with him. While I was busy majoring, Richie was off building himself a name. Last year, he scored his first comedy special.

His parents, didn’t even bother writing an apology letter in lack of their appearance.

After that, the TV offers were rolling in, and we bought a bigger apartment downtown.

He used to live in Brooklyn, and the both of us hated it. So, we moved into a beautiful NYC space.

    We continued to sway, A Whiter Shade Of Pale chimed through the speakers, surrounding us.

“Y/n?” You hummed in response,”Hmm?” “I love you.” “I love you too.” Your heart still did a skip each time he uttered the phrase, which was often.

Ever since the first time he ever said it, with feeling.

The young teens sat on the girl’s porch steps, looking down at the ground.

They were trying to avoid each others gaze, as they were addressing some concerning memories. They were going over the events of the previous Summer.

They were holding hands, trying to protect each other from the pain of the memories.

--

After we defeated that…thing…whatever it was, we went on with our lives.

It was tough to pretend we didn’t know each other, but we just couldn’t bare to continue on like nothing ever happened.

We couldn’t. Every time I looked at my once best friends, all I could see were their anguished faces in the Neibolt house.

So, we all went our separate ways. Beverly moved to Washington with her aunt, Stan went back to his Kabbalah studies, Eddie closed in and now he truly did only have his mother, Ben stuck to his books.

It was tough, but I still have my Rich. And he's all mine.

●●●●●●●

A/n:

This really wasn't that good...sorry