Hospital rooms and movies

Warning: mentions of abuse and mental illnesses

Veronica's POV

   "It's his 'voice' that I hear when I lose control, his voice that makes me think and do horrible things."  JD admitted, I was taken back, as much as I loved him I thought he was just crazy. But he's just a victim of child abuse from a horrible man who on top of all of that blew up his wife in front of his son. As if on cue the devil himself walked in the hospital room, obviously drunk off his ass. 
   "Took you long enough!" Slurred, talking to JD normally for once in his life. JD flashed me a worried look as if to say "Oh shit!"  I squeezed his hand and kissed his temple quick before 'Big Bud' had something else to say. "If it wasn't for little miss innocence over here," he began shooting me a disgusted look. Trust me 'Bud' I wish I was innocent. "You could have gone just like your mother!" I could see the tears forming in JDs eyes, but he didn't say anything.

"Mr.Dean-"

    "Would've saved me the time and money if you did!" Bud yelled, cutting Dr.Smith off, " Then again, do turn eighteen next week. I was planning on throwing you to the streets anyway, but from what I hear you won't be out of this place for a few weeks so this works out perfectly!" Bud seemed so proud of himself through his drunken slurs.
     "So what?" I asked, making it obvious I was highly annoyed. "You just going to leave your son here? No one to pay his medical bills? What are you going to do? Leave the state again?" I had gotten up and was practically in Buds face. "Veronica?" JD and Dr.Smith said in unison. Bud and I both ignored them and continued to argue. " Listen up bitch!" Bud said through his teeth, taking his index finger and pushing it into my chest, which made me jump back.
     "Ow!" I grumbled, JD seemed in shock and mad but frozen in a  feared and shocked state. " Your little boyfriend over there," Bud said pointing over to his son, "Is nothing more than a worthless piece of crap! Just like his mother!" He gave a sinister grin and pushed me into  the end of JDs bed, causing me to fall to the ground. I noticed Dr.Smith slipped out of the room, and hoped it was to get security or something. I used JDs bed to help me stand up and get back in the drunk mans face.  "You're no fun!" Bud smiled "Jason used to whimper and run away when I would do that to him."
        "So you admit to finding enjoyment in abusing your son?" asked a familiar voice. It was security,  I looked over at JD who smirked at me, we both knew what was finally about to happen. "Well, yes!" Bud exclaimed, especially when he deserves it!" He was too drunk to realize what was actually going on. "Well in that case," the security guard grabbed Bud and started dragging him out of the room. "Leave him, my dear" Bud said " he's not worth it."
   Finally, the man was out of the room. " JD?" I asked noticing the hot tears streaming down his face. "I'm so sorry." He looked down at the bandage covering his bare leg since he removed the thin white blanket that covered him. " Are you really going to leave me?" He cried. I ran over to his side and softly pecked his lips. " Not a chance!"

JDs POV

    "You have no idea what he's done to me" I cried in her shoulder. Veronica ran her fingers through my hair, which I loved every second of. "I know, but will get you better together." She kissed my head. "What would I do without you?" I smiled, for the first time in a while I heard that dorky laugh, "I don't know, but I love you." I was looking up into her beautiful eyes. While she still had her hand going through my hair. " I love you too" I kissed her again

      "PTSD, and Anxiety." Dr.Smith remarked, coming back into the room, ignoring Veronica and I kissing. "What?" I pulled away from Veronica's lips and pulled her into a hug, she stayed there, keeping her head on my shoulder and sitting on the bed. " You have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder" The Doctor explained, "you said you watched your mother commit suicide, right?" I nodded remembering when I explained it to her earlier today. "After that and what went on with your father, your Brain doesn't know how to cope with the trauma and that explains your sudden outbursts. As for the anxiety, that speaks for itself."
   Veronica moved herself to lay on the pillow, and hold my hand. "And can that be fixed?" I asked. "Of course!" Dr.Smith stated you'll just need to stay here for a while for therapy and for your leg, which you should be able to walk in a few days."
   "Okay." I sighed, laying back down on the pillow and pulling Veronica closer, kissing the top of her head. She smiled and laid her head in the crock of my neck. " in the meantime you can eat your breakfast and watch some movies on the TV." Explained the Doctor, as she walked out of the room, " just give a call if you need anything."
   I looked over at the tray of breakfast that we had completely forgotten about. Luckily for us, it was still warm and for hospital food was quite good. It was only noon, and Veronica and I watched movies all day, laughing and joking until she fell asleep around 6:30pm. Her parents came and left her a blue sweater with black sweatpants, which she woke up to change into and then come right back into the bed. For once we felt normal, despite the whole hospital setting of course. A sense of hope seemed to be lingering in the air, and that thought and Veronica's unconscious embrace drifted me to sleep. 

Hey guys!! I hope you enjoy this chapter and there's definitely more to come! Also idk what the title is I couldn't figure anything out 😂