Hot and pissed And on the pill?

Third Person POV

   Veronica woke up that morning feeling terribly drowsy despite her nine hour sleep. It was nine o'clock and her parents had already left for work. Remembering Heathers rather, concerning call the night before, she got into her normal, everyday clothes, and attempted to put on some makeup to hide the blemishes and bags under her eyes. She brushed her frizzy hair and decided to leave it unstyled, and since she was running late, she decided to buy herself a breakfast burrito at Seven Eleven.

"Hey Heather." Veronica said before biting her burrito. "We need to talk, now." Veronica glanced over at her. "Okay?" Heather pulled her into the bathroom and locked the door. "Have you and JD had...sex?" Veronica nearly choked on her Breakfast burrito. "Yeah.." She stated in a matter-of-fact tone. "Why?" Heathers concerned face seemed to grow more concerned. "Look, normally I wouldn't give two shits, but you've been there for me the last few days." Veronica nodded in confusion. "The birth control, that we're both on, is being recalled." Veronica gave Heather a look. The look your mother gives you when your messing around in public as if to say "this isn't funny" the look that pierces through your soul.
   "What?" Veronica blurted, almost laughing, "Are you joking? Because Heather this is not a good time to be joking with me."     Heather shook her head, "Listen, Veronica, I know I've been a bitch, but like I told you the other day I hated being rude. I really did, I just wanted to be left alone. I was horribly bullied in Middle School, and becoming friends with Chandler made everyone scared of me, so as payback I bullied them. But you never did a thing to me." Veronica gave Heather a hug.

"I guess we're all a bit damaged." 

"Yeah"

   "Well.." Heather began, handing Veronica a ripped out newspaper article that read, " Birth control, Invidox no longer working, and leaving teens pregnant." Veronica re-read the title over and over just to make sure she read it right. "Shit. Heather, what do we do now?" Fear rose up in Veronica.  "Well, that's why I wanted to come here, to buy a test." Heather seemed as scared as Veronica, both of the girls had tears sparkling in their eyes. They quickly unlocked the door and searched the store for a pregnancy test. Veronica felt so out of place. To her, seven eleven was her and JDs place of calm, not somewhere she thought she'd be taking a pregnancy test, especially at seventeen. But how ironic would it be? Finding out she was pregnant in Seven Eleven with Jason Deans baby. 
    "Found them" Veronica sighed and payed for the tests. The two teenagers ignored the cashier's disapproving, the old women rolled her eyes and mumbled something to herself. Out of embarrassment, Veronica hung her head and took the tests from the women, only to be led by Heather back to the dirty and reeking bathroom. With shaky hands, the young teen dressed in blue opened the box and peed on the stick, as Heather instructed her to do. Next went Heather, and the two patiently placed the sticks on the bathroom sink and waited for three minutes to go by.

Veronicas POV

  Heather was staring at her watch, waiting for the three minutes to pass. There was no way I was pregnant, right? I wasn't late for my period, in fact I wasn't supposed to get it until next month. "And time, you ready?" Heather, who was still in her signature green, handed me the two test I had taken. I refused to look at it, even though I knew I would have to look eventually, fear kept my eyes away from the plastic test. "Oh my God!" Heather voice cracked as slid down the gray concrete wall, holding her two tests. "I'm pregnant. And it's Rams." a new feeling of guilt rushed over my body, not only had Heathers life turned upside down, I was the reason a child will grow up without a father.

   "Holy shit." Said a white glow, which identified to be Ram and Kurt, the gunshot wounds still fresh and trickling red, glossy blood. "And I won't even get to teach it how to play football!"  Those words hurt. Ram seemed genuinely upset and Kurt sat their, quietly glaring at Veronica as if to say "Fuck you!"  The late father and his friend hung their heads and vanished into the white light that surrounded them.

"Earth to Veronica?" Heather sniffled in a half snotty, half concerned tone. "You have to look at some point." She was right, I took a deep breath and glanced down.

Two lines.

Pregnant.

Veronica Sawyer. Pregnant.

   "Shit." I blurted "JD's not even mentally stable to handle himself let alone, a child!" Heather placed her hand on my shoulder, probably recalling the time at lunch I explained as much as I could as to why JD was in the Hospital. "Look, Veronica, at least your kid will have a father." I expected a sassy tone from Heather, but like Rams ghost, she seemed actually sad. It was weird seeing Heather Duke, of all people being soft.
    "But what if he doesn't love me anymore?" I asked stepping into hysterics as I thought outloud more. "It's not either of our faults!" Heather pulled me into a hug. "Are you gonna keep it?" Heather asked, I nodded, " How about you?"
   "Well I feel  like I have no choice either way, it'd be one last piece of ram for his parents. They're still so devastated." I flashed a fake smile and opened the bathroom door, to reveal an older women who seemed rather annoyed.
       "This is a bathroom, not the mall" she hissed, and noticed the pregnancy tests in our hands. She mumbled something to herself , pushed Duke out of the room and slammed the door behind her. "What a bitch." Heather rolled her eyes, I ignored Heather and glanced over at the Slushie machine, and could hear JDs soft and sly voice say "Greeting and salutations." The spinning red slush that out poured cherry slushie brought back the memories of last night, the memories of the blood flowed out of JDs arm because of his asshole of a father.
     "I have to get to the hospital, JDs dad shot him last night." Heather nodded without asking and we both started for our cars. For the hour car ride, I sat in silence thinking about this child that was now inside of me. I couldn't tell JD, not now. But what about my parents? I still had some time before I started showing, I really only could be about two weeks along. I parked in the visitors and practically ran up to JDs room, I was worried about him and hoping he didn't have to undergo another surgery. To my disappointment, the room was empty.

    "Are you looking for Jason?" asked a female voice, I turned to see Dr. Smith holding a clipboard. Without waiting for a response, she continued. "He's in the ICU which is right under this floor, in room 406." My eyes widened, "ICU? Is he okay?" I panicked, "Of course, but he might act slightly intoxicated, as he was put under some heavy medication, even though he didn't have to undergo surgery." I took a sigh of relief, and waved Dr.Smith away and took the elevator to the floor below.
   With the help of a nurse I found JDs new room, only to reveal a half-awake JD who seemed fascinated with his curls. I giggled to myself, remembering what Dr.Smith had said about him being on heavy medication. JD looked up and his face lit up like a child. "Ronnie!" He exclaimed with a groggy voice. He tried to stand up and give me a hug, but I ran over to him "Oh, no,no,no,no," I said and sat him back down. He weakly pulled me into a hug and laid his head on my chest. I noticed the cast-like bandage that had been wrapped around his arm were JD was shot. "I like the sound of your heart beating," he whispered burying his head deeper into my chest. I smiled and played with his dark brown curls. "Where's your mom?" JD took a heavy inhale, "She was here earlier and then she took Ellie home because she threw up. I'm glad she's not dead." I melted at the sound of how child-like he sounded. All of me wanted to tell him on the spot, that he was a father. "Me too, JD. Me too."

"I love you, Veronica."

"I love you too, JD."         

I'm sorry for how short this is, and that I haven't updated in the past few days. Also I'm sorry the way Veronica found out she was pregnant was a little weird... I didn't want to have the normal all of a sudden puking and stuff I wanted to make my story a bit different so this happened. Hope you guys like it.