Five years later

Dear Diary,

   Today is June 16th, 1995. My name is Elliana Rose, and I'm ten years old. Five years ago my Brother and his girlfriend, Veronica (But I call her Ronnie) had twins, I was five at the time. One of their babies didn't get to come home, he was kidnapped by bad men. JD (My brother) said Daddy had something to do with it, but he died in jail. Jazzy's still here though, she's five now, and I'm not even aloud to tell her about her own twin brother! JD says we can't talk about him, they won't even say his name! Clyde Edward Dean!  There. I had to say it. I don't understand why we can't talk about him!
    Anyways, Jazzy may be five, but she's one of my best friends in the whole world! Ever since we moved out of town, we don't see Mama anymore, and the kids in school don't really like me. I guess I should tell you where I live! After the twins were born Ronnie and JD wanted to move away, but the decided to stay in America so, we moved to Long Island! It's a bit different from Ohio, but me and Jazzy like to go the park on our way home from school, so I guess it's okay.  JD said we're gonna go to disney land when summer comes, and thats in one more day! I can't wait to meet all the princesses!   
   I should probably go now, I can hear Ronnie crying in her room, she does that a lot. Especially since its almost the Twins birthday. I'll try to write later, Veronica was right, this is fun!

                                                    -Ellie

  Veronica sat on her bed and cried. Five years. Almost five years ago, her baby boy was stolen from her. Poor Jasmine doesn't even know he existed.... Exists. A lot had changed in the past five years, they moved to a small town on Long Island, JD had gotten a job at one of the local mechanics, and she worked at a daycare while the girls were at school. It wasn't the life Veronica imagined for herself, she thought by now she'd be in law school, enjoying her twenties and going to parties. Not a twenty three year old grieving mother, raising her daughter and her boyfriends sister.
      "Whats wrong Mommy?" Jasmine opened the door of her parents room, and jumped on the bed. "Nothing, baby." Veronica ran a hand through her daughters brown curly hair, just like her father. Jasmine looked so much like Ellie when she was her age, she had blue eyes, plump rosy lips and a perfectly round face, she even had cute little freckles that danced around her cheeks. What would he have looked like? "I love you Mommy!" Jasmine wrapped her arms around her mother. "I love you too, baby."
    "I'm home!" JD exclaimed, shutting the front door behind him. "Daddy!" Jasmine yelled, wiggling herself out of her mothers rather tight grip. She ran to JD, who picked her up and spun her around.

"Hey Baby girl! How was school today?"   

"Good! Mr. Clurf gave me a letter!"

"Oh yeah? What does it say?"

   "I don't know! He said I can't open it until school is over." Jasmine said hugging JD's neck once more, While Ellie stepped out of her and Jasmine's shared room. "Hey." She waved at JD, as Veronica gave him a hug. "Hey El." JD ruffled her hair. "Are you girls all packed?" The girls nodded, and ran to their rooms. "How are you doing?" JD wrapped his arms around Veronica's waste. "Good."
   "Look JD!"
   "Look Daddy!"
   Both girls proudly showed JD their suitcases. He smiled and pick Jasmine up to put her on his shoulders. "Whatda say we go get Ice cream?" Ellie's face widened "Can we Ronnie? Can we?"Veronica shrugged with a smile on her face, something they all liked to see. "I don't know.." Both girls gave Veronica pleading looks, even JD joined in. "Okay, fine! But then it's straight to bed for you girls! We leave for the Airport as soon as schools out! Got it?" The girls nodded in unison.
  "OKAY!"
  The family of four started down the steps of their house and walked the fifteen minutes to the Ice Cream shop that had opened a few months prior. Ellie and Jasmine walked a bit ahead of JD and Veronica, hand in hand, trying to see who could skip the longest. "Are you excited to go to Disney, Jazzy?" Ellie asked, still trying her best to skip down the road. "Uhuh! I wanna see Ariel!" Both girls giggled and continued to skip down the sidewalk. JD and Veronica watched the girls skip down the road so happily. "You're such a good Mom, you know that right?" JD rubbed his hand up and down Veronica's back. "Thanks." She smiled blankly. "It will get easier, I promise."
"I hope so."

Wow! Look at me go! Also, here's what the girls look like now!!

Ellie!

Jasmine!

Jasmine!

Also, feel free to comment! I love hearing all your ideas and having conversations with everyone who loves this book as much as I do writing it!