New beginings!

Not long after leaving their parents, the sense of relief was slowly turned around but the chaos of the busy airport. Without thinking, Veronica found herself picking Ellie up and keeping her close, it was too easy for her to just walk away. After they made it through security and dropped off their bags, JD slowly started to feel like something was off. He grabbed Veronica's hand, who was still holding Ellie.Veronica squeezed his hand, "something feels..."
    "Off." JD squeezed back, "We're probably just nervous." He assured. The three found their terminal after a half our of JD and Veronica arguing weather or not to go left or right. It wasn't until Ellie pointed out a sign with a bunch of flags in a circle. "Now tell me how the five year old figured it out before us!" JD took Ellie from Veronica, "that sign says international, that's why the flags are all around it, you're one smart kid!" He bounced her in the air. "Careful there you two." Veronica put a hand to her stomach.
    "Flying international?" Said a man who seemed to be a flight attendant of some sorts, " here follow me, I'll take you to special seating as international flights have been delayed for the next hour." JD started at this man with each step he took, he was so giddy, excited even. He held the door for them and guided them to a table in the back of the room. They were in a- restaurant? "Your meal is on us due to the inconvenience, enjoy!" When he finally left the three kids couldn't help but laugh to themselves, " I'm gonna hey ice cream!!" Ellie yelled, they should've had he have lunch but this was free food! "Why not?" Veronica shrugged as she giggled, " Oh, we're going to be the best parents ever!" JD said, they laughed even more, "The poor kids screwed!"
    Their laughter came to a halt when the waiter tapped his pen on the table, tired of waiting for his customers to finally quiet down. He placed a glass of water in the middle of the table.
   "Can I get you all something to drink it will the water be fine?" His bored tone instantly sucked the laughter out of everyone, Ellie. "Can I get a Cherry Coke?" JD asked, Ellie whispered something into JD's ear, " and the little one wants a lemonade." The waiter nodded and his eyes narrowed on Veronica. JD watched his every move as he sat up taller in his seat. "Waters fine." The waiter nodded in approval and turned away.
  Not even Ellie spoke until the waiter returned with their drinks. "My apologies, I will be back in a few minutes to take your orders." The two teens nodded. "Well he's a strange bird, isn't he?" JD sipped on his soda, Veronica nodded as she opened a straw for Ellie. " I don't like him!" Ellie said, a little louder than she probably should've. Before JD or Veronica could say anything, Veronica started coughing uncontrollably.
   "Veronica!" JD grabbed her shoulders till she finally caught her breath. "Taste that" She handed him the water. "That's not water!" JDs face turned into a sour expression, "tastes like cold medicine." Veronica nodded, " I know righ-"

  "Oh my god!" Veronica doubled over holding her stomach. Ellie started to cry, " JD, what's going on?" JD's face was pale, "Veronica? Are you going to.. have the baby..now?" Veronica let out a scream, "looks... like.. it.."

"Shit"

Next chapter is going to be an emotional one just a warning ;)