Lost boy

The air grew colder as the sky grew darker, they had been driving for at least an hour without stopping. "Where do you think we're going, Lu?" Ellie hugged her knees to keep herself warm, while trying to memorize every sigh or rock or tree they passed. All she could tell is that they were on a highway, where was the question. " I don't know. Mamma must be really worried!" Tears welled up in her eyes." I want to go home." Ellie pulled the younger girl into a hug,"Me too, Lulu." 

   JD paced back-and-forth in the kitchen. He could hear Jenna's cries and Veronica trying to calm her down while his daughter begged her mother to tell her what was going on. They had realized the girls were gone after about an hour or so they hadn't come back. After calling their names for at least another twenty minutes, it didn't take a genius to know that they were missing.
   "Is there anybody that would want to take your daughter, ma'am?" The police officers bombarded Jenna with so many questions Veronica could barely keep up. "My ex-husband, maybe?" She sniffed. "Could this have anything to do with it?" Another officer came from the back, followed by JD. The officer held a picture in his hand, of a boy none of them really  knew. "He looks familiar, actually." Jenna said, "Pretty sure him and his father come in around five ish daily." Veronica stared at the picture.

    "I don't think that's his son."

   JD gave her a look. An hour passed by of JD and Veronica explaining everything about
Son. "You're that family that lost your son a few years back." One of the officers said, "he does look like he could be your daughters twin." Jasmine sat in the corner, still unsure of what was going on. "We can search the area for any suspicious areas, they're most likely not far." The room gave a sigh of relief. With that the police left to commence the search. "I'm so sorry, Jenna." Veronica gave the woman a hug from the side. "It's not your fault, will get them back." Jenna stood up, "anyone want a pie?"  

    Ellie was freezing, so was Lulu. The truck has stopped in front of some old looking building. The man took Clyde out of the car awhile ago, both girls were just too scared to move. " What if we get out now and run back to the highway?" Ellie suggested, "I'm sure theres someone who could help us there." Lulu nodded in her shivers. Both girls jumped out of the truck , they had a clear shot to the highway. Ellie grabbed her friend's hand, "Run!" She whispered. They made it to the highway without being caught, now they just needed someone to stop for them.
  "Are you girls okay?" A woman stopped her car in front of them. "No!" Lulu said, "The people in there kidnap kids!" The woman's face fell. "Oh my goodness! Here, get in the back, I'll take you girls to the police station." Lulu and Ellie complied, sitting in the back of the car. "You know," The woman looked at Ellie through the rearview mirror, "I knew your Father, Ellianna Dean." Ellie's eyes widened, she didn't know much about him, just the fact that he was the reason behind Clyde's disappearance, and that he was dead. "Miss, isn't the police station the other way?" Lulu asked, Ellie hadn't even noticed that this mysterious woman was heading straight for the building they had just escaped from.
  They were dragged out by their arms, pulled into the dark building which was pretty empty other than a few people moving boxes and some sitting around. Lulu tried to turn away, which earned her a slap across her face. She whimpered and the woman pulled both girls up the stairs. They were met by the same man who had been at the diner earlier.
"Ain't you Jenna's girl?" Lulu nodded,"How did you end up here?" He knelt down to meet her eyes. "I think you have something that doesn't belong to you." Ellie spoke up, wiggling out of the women's grip to step closer to the man. He chuckled, "You must be Buds girl!" He extended his hand, "I would be your Uncle John." Ellie ignored his hand, "What's wrong, don't wanna shake your own Uncles hand?"
"I don't think after everything you've done to her family she has any care who you are." Lulu said, seeming proud of her remark.  "Fair enough," Uncle John shrugged, " Well since you can't go back, you can meet him in the morning." Ellie balled her fist, what did he mean they couldn't go back? "W-What?" Lulu cried, "Take me home, please, we wont tell please!" Uncle John grabbed her arm from the woman, who Ellie had forgot she was still there. "Should've thought of that before you tried to play superheros." He opened a door that revealed a room with two beds and a window, it looked more like a prison cell than anything. Except, the window was glass instead of bars. "This is your new room. Don't try anything stupid with the window, you'll just fall to your deaths. I expect you to be in your beds in the next ten minutes."  Ellie grumbled, "So what, we're just your little pets now?" Uncle John smirked, "Exactly, little one."