Family reunions

A week had passed, nothing. JD, Veronica and Jasmine still stayed at the Dinner with Jenna. The diner hadn't been open since the girls disappearance, and no one blamed her. Not even her friends, Becky and Dawn who came by everyday. Most nights Veronica would find Jenna in her kitchen, baking pie. One of which she heard her naming "I Want my Baby Back Apple Pie." Veronica wanted them back to, Ellie might not have been hers, but she was still family. Not to mention the possibility of her son coming back to her.
"What are you doing?" Ellie whispered. Lights out had passed an hour ago, and they both knew what happened if you didn't follow the rules. "Trying to get us out of here!" She climbed onto the ledge of the window. "There's a tree branch I can grab, and then we can make a run for it."
"What about Clyde and Lizzy?" Lizzy was one of the other kids that were stuck here, she was also Clyde's best friend.  "Everyones asleep, you go get them, and I'll open the window." Ellie quietly turned the door knob and stepped out into the hall, it was true everyone went to bed around eleven, there wasn't much security over the children. They just knew to follow the rules, Ellie glanced at her bruised wrist. Her and Lulu's room was right next to Clydes. When she peeked through the door, both kids scrambled to their beds. "It's just me." Ellie whispered, "Come on." Lulu had already made it out by the time Ellie made it back. Carefully the three kids climbed onto the branch and made their way to the middle of the tree to climb down.
"Uncle John's gonna kill us if he finds us!" Clyde quivered, gripping onto Ellie's hand. She couldn't imagine what the last five years had been like, she couldn't stand being in that place for a week. "He's not going to find us." Lulu reassured, helping Lizzy down the tree. The four kids finally climbed down the tree, they ran. They ran as fast as their legs could go, through the woods, down the highway and into a Walmart parking lot. "There..got..to..be..police somewhere!" Ellie said, they where all exhausted.
"You kids okay?" Said a voice, they froze, "Hello?" Ellie held her breath, and turned around, to their relief, it was an elderly woman pushing a cart of household groceries. Still, Ellie kept her guard up. "Say, ain't you two the girls who went missing."
     Clyde clung to Ellie's leg as the police surrounded the parking lot. It was obvious he didn't know much more to life than what ever that building was, and daily trips to the pie shop. "Are we gonna see Mama?" Clyde asked,Ellie had explained to him that he had been kidnapped as a baby and had two parents waiting for him. Lizzy on the other hand, wasn't so lucky. Lulu and Ellie overheard Uncle John and the woman who turned them in laughing about how they let her parents burn in a fire back in Texas. "You'll see her soon."
  The four kids were brought to an ambulance to be examined Lulu, Lizzy and Clyde were perfectly fine. The EMT determined Ellie wrist was sprained, and wrapped it in an ACE bandage. Then the cops came, asking so many questions, neither of the older two could keep track or pay attention for that matter. One thing caught Lulu and Ellie's eye, past the hoods of lit up police cars, two woman seemed to be pushing past the officers that tried to keep them back.
"El?" Ellie heard her brother call who came behind the two women she realized to be Veronica and Jenna. "Over here!" She yelled pushing past the interrogating officers. The two siblings found each other in a long hug. "Where's Lulu?" Jenna taped on Ellie's shoulder, Veronica was behind her, obviously anxious as well. She led them to the three other kids. Lulu ran to her mother, both of them emotional due to the reunion, Lizzy then joined, longing to feel a motherly embrace. JD and Veronica smiled before looking down at the little boy in front of them.  He motioned for Ellie to come closer to him. "Is this my Momma and Daddy you were talking about?" He whispered, watching Ellie nod. Clyde smiled a toothy grin, "Hi." He waved his small hand at his parents.  
  Tears pooling in her eyes, Veronica bent down and cupped her sons cheek, followed by JD who Ellie could see had tears in his eyes too. She couldn't remember the last time she'd seen him cry. As if to make sure he was real, JD ran his hand down Clyde's arm. "Hi, my names Clyde!" Veronica was full fledged crying now, JD was closed to it. They embraced their son, holding him tight so he couldn't be riped away again. Life seemed to move in slow motion, in a good way. "Hi, baby."           
Veronica kissed his head.

This is super short but I feel like it's pretty good! Also I'm re writing the Bonnie and Clyde fan fic if anybody cares bc I don't like the way I wrote it. I'll try to write another chapter tmr!