Ch. 51 The Haughty Spoiled Princess

After running through the downtown area for an hour, the Jing’an Estate’s carriage finally arrived at the main entrance of Prince Wei’s estate.

Without waiting for Chu Lian to send a manservant over to the guard house with the invitation, a senior servant who had been waiting by the entrance led two younger maidservants over to welcome her.

Chu Lian had just gotten off the carriage with Xiyan’s help when the welcoming senior servant asked with a bright smile, “Excuse me, could this lady be House Jing’an’s young madam?”

Wenlan bobbed in greeting to the senior servant in front of her and replied, “It is.”

“Third Young Madam, we’ve been waiting for you. Our royal princess sent this old servant to wait by the entrance much earlier. Please, come in with us.” The senior servant was only about thirty years old. The combination of her round face, warm tone, and friendly smile gave off a good first impression.

“Then I’ll have to trouble momo.”

When Chu Lian entered Prince Wei’s estate, the senior servant had even prepared a sedan for her. With two menial servants hoisting it, they reached Royal Princess Duanjia’s courtyard in eight minutes.

Prince Wei’s estate was much more imposing than the Jing’an Estate. There were decorative mountains, pavilions, covered corridors, and drawing rooms all over the place. Everywhere she looked, there would be beautiful scenery awaiting her eyes. No wonder Prince Wei’s estate was considered the first amongst the top three estates in the capital.

Chu Lian looked at everything with wide, clear eyes. She openly admired her surroundings.

Although this behaviour couldn’t be considered dignified or elegant, her innocent and honest expressions made it hard to have a bad impression of her.

At least, it was much better compared to the ladies who would feign a reserved manner despite their curiosity, while their eyes were full of jealousy and envy.

Chu Lian sat on the sedan admiring the scenery in Prince Wei’s estate. She felt that this garden wouldn’t lose one bit to the Humble Administrator’s Garden in the modern world.

When she noticed a pavilion as tall as a decorative mountain in the distance, Chu Lian looked it over for a while longer out of curiosity.

The senior servant following next to Chu Lian kindly provided an explanation for Chu Lian. “Third Young Madam, that pavilion is called Buliu Pavilion. The signboard above it is a valuable piece of calligraphy, reportedly written by a great scholar from the previous dynasty, Chu Buliu! That pavilion is a great place to cool off on a hot day like today. When the wind blows, it’s very refreshing.”

Chu Lian nodded and smiled.

With her tender smile, pure gaze and honest personality, as well as the fact that she was someone that the royal princess had personally invited over, the senior servant’s gaze leant more towards goodwill.

When they reached Royal Princess Duanjia’s courtyard, one of the servants supported Chu Lian as she got off the sedan. When she looked up, Royal Princess Duanjia was standing in the corridor outside the parlour.

When she walked up to the princess, Royal Princess Duanjia raised an eyebrow and looked her up and down. The moment the princess noticed the box of food Xiyan was carrying, surprise lit up in her eyes. She strode up to Xiyan and took the box from her hands. Royal Princess Duanjia then raised her chin slightly, turning to Chu Lian as she said, “Chu Liu, this is for me, right?”