Chapter 371 to 375

Ch. 371 The Evil Female Lead

The corner of Chu Lian's mouth twitched. She felt that she had been completely shafted by the heavens. It was bad enough that she had suddenly transmigrated into a novel that she had only read halfway into the body of the evil female lead, no less. She could accept not being able to return to the modern world, since she had no ties keeping her there anyway.

Do the heavens really have to play with me like this?! I don't even have any cheats to use, how am I going to survive this?! I've had enough!!

At first, her husband had suddenly turned bad, then now there was this 'abnormal' maidservant. Don't tell her that Muxiang would turn out to be the reincarnated original female lead. She wanted to gift her just two words: 'ha ha'.

A twitch developed in Chu Lian's forehead. She looked at Muxiang, who seemed to be filled with hate and fury for her, with a strange expression.

"You're... the original Chu Lian?"

Muxiang was staring closely at Chu Lian's face, not wanting to miss out on even the most minute change in her expression.

She had been waiting patiently for so long, all just for this moment: to see the shock, alarm, and fear on the face of the freak that had stolen her body, to revel as the freak fell to the ground on her knees to beg for mercy.

A torrent of emotions was flooding her heart right now. She couldn't hold back the burgeoning excitement in her, which showed in her trembling body. Right now, looking down from above at this woman that He Changdi had protected like a delicate little flower in a greenhouse, there was a sense of satisfaction and elation she couldn't name.

She was waiting. Waiting for Chu Lian to give up and beg her for mercy.

After that, she would simply laugh right in her face and kill her last remaining hope. She would first make her lose her child, then torment her and make her suffer. In the end, she would make sure that this imposter died without a corpse to bury.

This way, once the freak in her original body died without a trace, she would then take her rightful place as the real Marchioness Anyuan.

Muxiang was absolutely thrilled at the thought.

However, as Muxiang continued waiting, what came wasn't the scene she had imagined.

Chu Lian faced Muxiang's gaze straight on. One of them was looking downwards, while the other was looking upwards. The two of them blinked in unison, then again, like some silent play.

Chu Lian was finding it strange why Muxiang was giving her an expectant look, as if she was waiting for something. She didn't understand. What did Muxiang want from her at this point...

She had indeed taken Muxiang's original body, but it wasn't as if she had wanted it... She hadn't had any say in the matter.

Furthermore, the original Chu Lian had been an evil woman with a poisonous heart. She hadn't even hesitated when killing. For the sake of her own benefit, who knows how many people had fallen beneath her claws?

Even back in the Ying Estate, when the original female lead had been ignored by everyone and had lived a terrible life beneath even a handmaid, that didn't have anything to do with the current Chu Lian.

Chu Lian had the confidence to say that she hadn't done anything bad ever since she had come to the Great Wu Dynasty. She had also respected her seniors and supported her husband. She didn't have any bit of remorse towards the original owner of this body. Strictly speaking, she was the most innocent victim here.