12

Mavis pov-

"Aunt Sakura" I say smiling "hello dear" she says with a smile on her face. I welcomed her inside ,and we sat there in complete silence at first "Mavis I didn't come here all the way from Tokyo for nothing" I put the bowl of cookie dough down, "you see Mavis in life you have to learn to forgive and forget" I was confused what does she mean. "Mavis you need to forgive your father he calls me late at night anxious and on the verge of tears."  "Three years of being treated like I was nothing!!, as if what he promised didn't matter, I know you want me to forget that's......that's stupid I'm sorry, aunt Sakura I love you, and at some point in life I loved dad but what he's done cannot just be forgotten I'm sorry." I open my door letting aunt Sakura walk out "he should have never adopted a type a girl like you" the coldness in her words made me shiver "what a way to end my day"I said to myself. The next day I called Zeref to see if he wanted to go out for ice cream or even just a walk around the town. He agreed to meet me at the park. "Boo!" I jumped up ,and was wanting to run away he started laughing "scaredy-cat" I puffed up my cheeks "OK OK calm down." We walked ,and walked ,and talked about things like the dance till Zeref changed the subject completely "so what actually happened" I felt scared as if he was asking me to read my diary or tell him my whole life story even though he already knew it "my aunt stop by and asked me to forgive Satoshi" I felt vulnerable...but why?...... I have no clue I already told him these types of things ,but what I did know was that I felt safe "but I thought you are the kind of person to forgive and forget he questioned "what he did was unforgivable it's engraved in my brain."

Flashback

"Oh Mr. Satoshi are you going to adopt me" as a little girl was very hopeful "of course who wouldn't want to adopt a little sunshine like you" I smiled I was happy. It was the best thing that ever happened to me "Mr.-", "no more Mr. Toshi call me dad" he always gave me a smile when I called him dad but what five-year-old me didn't know was that everything was going to change. Once I turned 10 till I was 12 or 13 my so-called "father" drank until he threw up and all of a sudden started yelling ,and screaming "you worthless piece of crap! you couldn't get at least all A's!" I cried ,and suffered through the pain. The scars of being beaten are still on my back. Once I got into high school Satoshi started going sober, but kept asking for forgiveness. "please forgive me" he begged, I felt bad, but at the same time I was conflicted "you promised I wouldn't cry again you promised I wouldn't go through pain but you lied to me."

End of flashback

I didn't realize I was crying on his shoulder "it's OK" he whispered "..........................."