Chapter 10

Meg's POV

*1 week later*

I woke up to my head hurting. Here we are again. I don't know why, but lately headaches became apart of my daily life. With the new baby coming I have to get things baby proof. Yes I know it's a little early, but I like to plan ahead. I got a lot of white items yesterday. We still don't know the gender, so I got a gender neutral color. For some odd reason Kingston wants to go to the park. Mind you she hates communicating with anyone or touching things that have several germs. The bags under her eyes have not only gotten darker, but heavier. My poor baby won't open up to me. She won't even answer a single question. We were just fine last week. I don't know what happened. Not even Milo could get anything out of her. All I want to know is why my angel isn't smiling, why I hear her whimper at night. I feel like this is the end of the world. I know I shouldn't stress because it could hurt the baby. Kingston isn't jealous of the baby I know that for a fact. She was so supportive. What's going on in the pretty little head of hers?

Kingston's POV

I can't control the tears flowing down my face. It's like every time I open my eyes tears spill out. Why can't I be normal? Why do I always have to think like this? Today has been the 6th day I haven't eaten. I'm young and this is ruining my growth. I've noticed I'm losing weight. Like a lot of weight. I need help. I have words of internet trolls repeating in my head. When mom announced she was having another baby, the haters said she'd forget about me and that I was just a big nobody. I'm sensitive.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Kingston, it's me. Open up."

It's my mom.

I wiped my tears and unlocked the door.

"What's wrong? You've been acting strange for a while now." She asked.

"You wouldn't understand." I mumbled.

"I'm here for you."

"Everyone tells me that mom! It's getting annoying! No one is here for me. When I need someone they aren't here, so no you are not here for me. Just put me back in foster care! I'd be better off back there." I shouted angrily.

"Kingston! Don't ever say that again!"

That's when I made the decision. I'm running away and I am never coming back. I hate this place. I need to go.

"I need space. Can I be alone?"

She nodded and walked out, shutting the door.

I grabbed my backpack and stuffed some clothes, a blanket, two water bottles, and some snacks in my bag. I'm really doing this.

I opened my door and looked both ways. I walked to the front door and without looking back I shut the door quietly.

They're better off without me anyways.

I ran down the stairs and made it to the lobby.

I ran to the park and made me a little bed in the tree house.

I really ran away from home..