Bucky Joined the Army

"What do you mean you joined the Army!" yelled Steve who was in shock at what his best friend just said to him. "Also how did Ramona get in!." Steve once again asked trying to wrap his mind around the fact that Bucky was leaving to fight the war that he so desperately wanted to join. Bucky knew that Steve was going to react this way that's why he decided to break the news to him after the ate dinner and was playing cards games. Bucky sigh, putting down his cards then giving his attention to Steve who was bugged eye, Bucky was worried that his eyes was falling out of his head. "Yes Steve I joined, it's just, hearing about it all over and seeing the posters, and watching the soldiers walking down the street in their uniforms just inspired me to join the good cause at helping liberate a country that need our help in doing so. Plus we haven't received our physical yet so theres no telling if we would even get in." Bucky said trying to calm down Steve. "Ramona got in because Lt. Andrews saw how great of a dog she is and it just happen, it'll be good for us, knowing that we helped our fellow soldiers, plus everyone will see Ramona as a hero and would stop doubting her because of how she look." Bucky said giving Ramona a loving look who's head was in Steve lap sleeping away not knowing the conversation that was going on around her. 

Steve sigh, "I'm happy for you Buck, don't get me wrong i'm proud of the both of you, just wasn't expecting you to join thats all, you've never voiced that you was interested in joining." "You aren't as shock as me pal." Bucky said looking out his window, "I still can't believe I volunteer and i'm half way to getting my orders." Bucky turned back to Steve "I hope you can forgive me for not voicing my intent in joining, to be honest I wasn't so sure and I didn't want to make a fuse about it, I found myself in front of the recruiter tent and just said 'go for it' and I did." Steve understood what his friend was saying, he knew the guy since both was in diapers  "I'm not mad Buck, I could never be mad you, you know that i'm just really surprise I guess plus you're taking Ramona with you, it's going to be weird without her." Steve said petting the sleeping dog on her head as she let out a soft snore. Bucky could only nod "Yea mom was happy for me, Becca too, I think both will miss Ramona more then me to be honest." Bucky laugh thinking about his mother giving him praises and saying how proud she was of him, then Becca asking questions about what Ramona will be doing, yea Bucky will for sure miss his family. Steve smiled "Well hopefully when I get there we can show them what Brooklyn Boys are all about." Bucky could only smile at the thought, he really hope Steve will never get in, he didn't think he would be able to handle knowing his best friend was in danger and he wouldn't be there to help him. It was a scary thought for Bucky. "Yea pal, we will show them they wouldn't be able to handle us." Bucky said picking up his cards again, "Now enough of that, lets continue playing and this time i'm getting that slice of pie." Steve smiled back picking up his hand, "I really am proud of you Buck, you and Ramona, I hope to join you one day." Bucky only shook his head at his friend, he knew Steve will never give up, it wasn't in his nature, Bucky knew with Steve health it would be a slim chance of him being allowed to join and that would keep Steve safe.

The next morning it was time for Bucky and Ramona physical, both was walking to the address that Lt. Andrews circle. Finding the place wasn't hard considering a line was already forming with men and some men with dogs. Bucky check the address just to make sure he was at the right place and went to the end of the line with Ramona, while passing Bucky notice a man that was quite large with an even larger dog by his side, Bucky made sure to keep Ramona close when passing the duo, when they were close the man large dog started barking and lunging at them Bucky jumped out the way almost tripping on Ramona who was on high alert and started growling at the dog that scared her Bucky. "Hey! squirts watch it!" yelled the man, "We didn't do anything your dog was the one causing a commotion." Bucky said pissed off that the man was blaming them for his dog behavior, Bucky pet Ramona trying to calm her down when seeing her hair standing at end "You little squirts shouldn't even be here, this a mans war! not for babies with ugly mutts." the man once again said in a grungy voice, his dog was still going crazy with spit flying all over the place. Bucky mumble, "Whatever" choosing to walk away not wanting confrontation. "You squirts better watch yourselves, me and Butch here will take care of them fuck'n Germans just you watch and see, you and that thing over there should just head home now, I don't know why they allow bitches in the Army, she won't be able do anything no way!." The man spat as both Bucky and Ramona was walking away, it took everything in Bucky power not to punch the guys lights out with his disrespectful tongue, Bucky had to take a few deep breaths hoping that he will never see the man again. Ramona looked back tugging at the leash growling at the man and his beast, she could feel Bucky energy traveling down the leash, Bucky was trying to gain Ramona attention back, "It's ok girl, come on it'll be ok." Ramona let out a huff turning forward still hearing the beast barking in the growing distance.

" Ramona let out a huff turning forward still hearing the beast barking in the growing distance

Finally it was Bucky and Ramona turn for their physical. Bucky went first and pass with flying colors getting a stamp on his paperwork. When it was Ramona turn Bucky had to lift her on the table, Ramona took that opportunity to kiss Bucky all over his face. Bucky laugh while lifting his heavy dog, putting Ramona on the table they both waited for the Veterinarian to show. Ramona was looking around smiling and hearing different dogs that was in the building. The building was loud with barking animals, Bucky was glade his dog wasn't one. Bucky continue to pet Ramona when the door open revealing the Vet. "Hello sir, my name is Lt. York and I will be doing Ramona physical today." Lt. York said shaking Bucky hand. "Thank you sir." Bucky said taking a step back giving the doctor room to work with. Ramona look back to Bucky following him stepping around the table. Lt. York laugh "Now Mr. Barnes if you may, please remove her leash and collar." Bucky did so, Ramona shaking her fur back in place never once letting Bucky out of her sight. "So Mr. Barnes, have you notice any health issues with Ramona here, trouble eating, urinating, passing fecal matter?" Lt. York asked while examining Ramona "No sir. she's very healthy." Bucky said proudly. Lt. York hum then nodding his head. "Ok i'm done here, she's in perfect health, you have a beautiful dog here Mr. Barnes now just let me give her, her shots so that she can travel safety." Lt. York said getting everything ready. "If you may Mr. Barnes please hold her head while I give her these shots." Bucky held onto Ramona head giving her sweet words quietly so that the doctor don't hear him, when Lt. York gave the first shot Ramona jerk a little bit but took the shot well. Ramona cut her eyes at the man that was causing her discomfort but other wise was still, Lt. York administered the rest of the shots, to Ramona relief as she shook her fur once more, "Ok you two here are your paperwork, and thank you for your services you will make this country proud." Lt. York said handing Bucky the folder that he needed to return to Lt. Andrews. Shaking his hand Bucky said. "Thank You sir, it's my honor." Bucky then put back on Ramona leash and collar helping her off the table, Ramona all but ran to the door wanting out as soon as possible.

Bucky and Ramona heard a familiar bark and growling, as they were exiting the building and spotted the same man and his beast Butch causing havoc. The dog looked like he wasn't being still for his physical making the doctor nervous, "Shut it you damn dog!" The man grungy yelled hitting his dog to stop him from barking. Bucky looked on in discuss at the treatment the man was giving to his dog, Butch did quiet down and the doctor got the physical done in a quick fashion. Bucky can only hope he never have to encounter him for as long as he lived. Giving Ramona a loving pet both exit the building walking to the recruitment center to get their orders. When Bucky and Ramona entered the Recruitment Building Bucky spotted Lt. Andrews and waited for him to finish with another person. Lt. Andrews spotted James and his colorful dog walking in and made a gesture for him to take a seat near the desk next to him. Bucky and Ramona sat down at the desk and waited. Lt. Andrews walked over after handing the person their folder and said, "Well, welcome back you two I guess everything went well, not surprise at all." Grabbing Bucky folder and looking over it making sure everything was done properly. "Yes sir, fit as a horse." Bucky said petting Ramona on her head watching Lt. Andrews read their file. Lt. Andrews then sat down to finish just the last bit of the paperwork that needed his information, "Ok James, everything is great for both you and Ramona, here are your orders. You sir will be Stg. James B. Barnes part of the 107th Unit and Ramona will be NCO meaning she will always out rank you." Bucky was shock at what he was hearing, " A Sergeant already sir?" "Yes, you scored big during your written exam and it qualify you for Sergeant rank." Lt. Andrews said shaking Bucky hand. "Of course after both of you pass your basic training that is, both of you will ship out in three days." 

Bucky couldn't believe it, this was really happening, he was leaving everyone and everything behind in three days. "Thank sir, for all you're help." Bucky said to Lt. Andrews grabbing hold of Ramona leash leaving to go home and telling the news to his family that both him and Ramona will be off to Europe defending and helping America win the war.