Last Day Home

It was Bucky and Ramona last night home with their friends and family. It was bittersweet for Bucky, he was excited to be going on an adventure and going to an all new country to fight for a good cause, then coming home a hero when they win the war, plus he was bringing his best girl with him so that was a plus. The only sad thing about leaving is of course leaving his family and that include Steve, his brother from another mother. Speaking of Steve, Bucky sigh as he's putting on his Army uniform, he was still trying to get into the Army. Bucky lost track on how many times Steve tried to get in, maybe his fourth?...he wasn't sure, but Bucky must admit he always have and always will be inspired by Steve perseverance, his friend never took the word 'no' very well when he set his heart into a decision. When Bucky was done putting on his Army uniform he must admit he looked good in it. Seeing his reflection made everything feel that much more real that this was happening, he was really going off to war. Hearing a soft snore, Bucky turned to Ramona who was laying on her bed and couldn't help but smile seeing her relax and so carefree. Bucky then frowned, wishing that this moment could last for a few more days, the three days passed so quickly that Bucky blinked and here he was putting on his Uniform to finish his last bit of paperwork and getting his dog tags, plus picking up Ramona military issued leash and collar, pretty much her own uniform that she will be wearing for the remainder of them being in Europe.

Bucky turned back looking at himself, then reaching for his hat putting it on his head the way Lt. Andrews showed him then decided to crook the hat, just to add personality. Bucky then walked to Ramona petting her head to wake her up. Ramona feeling the pet, leaned her head into Bucky hand enjoying the love with her eyes still closed but slowly opening them giving a big yawn waking up, she then decided to lick Bucky hand for good measure. "Come on girl time to pick up your Uniform now." Bucky said smiling at his dog antic and laziness. Bucky stood up walking out the door making sure his bag was at the front door and had everything he needed that he could fit. Ramona watch Bucky leave, before getting out her bed stretching, then shaking her fur back in place and slowly making her way down the stairs Bucky was doubling checking his bag making sure all of his and Ramona things was ready to go, because Bucky was going into the k9 program he was allowed an extra large bag which was for Ramona things when the are in basic training and in the field. Hearing Ramona finally making her way to him, Bucky turned smiling and said, "Ok, girl everything is pack, lets head out and get our things then we can make it back here and pick up Steve and the ladies on time before going to moms." Bucky said putting on Ramona leash heading out the door.

Locking the door then walking down the street to the recruitment tent, Bucky notice how the people were looking at him

Locking the door then walking down the street to the recruitment tent, Bucky notice how the people were looking at him. Some bowed their head, some even thank him for his services, it felt great Bucky can now see why the fellas walk around with their uniform on. Hearing the praises and seeing the looks of appreciation was something he could get use to. He knew when Ramona have her new collar and leash it would be both of them looking snazzy. Bucky and Ramona made it to the Recruitment tent, Bucky spotted Lt. Andrews and made his way over to his desk. "Hello Sir, i'm ready to sign the final paperwork." Bucky said, sitting down in the chair in front of Lt. Andrews desk. Lt. Andrews smiled, "Ok Sgt. Barnes, here is your file just sign these last few papers, these state were you want your belongings to go if god forbid your well being is compromise along with Ramonas, let me get her collar and leash then we will be all done." Lt. Andrews got up getting Ramona military issued things that she will need in Europe. Bucky looked down at the paperwork with a sigh, picking up the pen he wrote down his mother address and information putting Rebecca down as the second person incase something happen to their mother and last but not least Steve. Bucky couldn't even believe that he really had to think about possibly not making it home, along with Ramona, it was truly hard for the mind to phantom. Bucky kept a hand on Ramona head who was sitting between his legs looking at the people walking around. When Bucky was done, Lt. Andrews walked in with his dog tags along with a Leash, Collar, and Harness that looked really nice, Ramona was going to look good. 

A/N: I know they're modern but just pretend

"Ok Sgt. Barnes here are Ramona things inside her harness are her dog tags they must always be kept inside never to be taken out, unless you put them with yours around your neck it's up to you but most keep them in the harness." Lt. Andrews said handing Bucky the items. Surprisingly they weren't heavy, very airy for the dog to not get over heated or weight down. "Thank You Sir." Bucky said, giving Lt. Andrews a salute, walking out with Ramona in toe. Lt. Andrews return the salute, smiling after "Anytime Sgt. Barnes good luck out there, thank you for your services." Both men shook hands, before pulling away Ramona walked towards Lt. Andrews licking his hand allowing the man to pet her for the first time. "Thank you too girl, for your services." Lt. Andrews said smiling.  "Goodbye and good luck you two." Lt. Andrews salute them while the were leaving out the tent.

"Ok girl, lets put on your new digs." Bucky said taking off Ramona normal leash and collar and putting on her military issue gear. Taking a step back looking at his little girl, he smiled feeling proud of his pup who now look like a grown up. Bucky laugh petting Ramona on her head giving her a kiss. "You look good girl, now let's go get Steve and the ladies and make our way to the future!" Bucky said excited for the Stark Expo that was tonight. "I think we should opt for taking off the harness, you really don't need that right now." Bucky then took off the harness, much to Ramona relief, since she wasn't use to the gear just yet. "Ok let's go girl." Bucky picked up Ramona old leash and collar looking at them, remembering when he first bought them when Ramona was small, he smiled at the memory feeling the nostalgic hit him. Seeing Ramona with the military collar and leash on was hard to view knowing that her puppyhood was over, he felt like a dad who see his baby girl as a grown woman for the first time and didn't like the reality.