Heading to Austria

"So Smith was a Hydra, that make sense." Lt. Jones said after Bucky told him everything that happen from start to finish. "Sir, what is Hydra, how did they get started." Bucky asked wanting answers from someone, this couldn't be hidden anymore he wanted to know the truth. Lt. Jones sigh running his hand through his hair, "To be honest with you Sgt. Barnes we don't really know ourselves, from my understanding Hydra was just a side group that worked alongside Hitler. Now it's looking like even Hitler is afraid of them. Hydra is making waves fast and growing faster then what anyone was anticipating." Lt. Jones said standing up walking to his desk to write his report to CO. Phillips about the Hydra spy. Bucky nod his head already figuring out that something like that happened. "From what our entail have gather, one of there base is in Austria, we sent other units out to destroy it, but we haven't heard back from anyone. That is why your unit was chosen, 107th have a great record and we need the unit to handle this Hydra base. You will have a briefing, get your unit ready Sgt. Barnes." Lt. Jones said writing his report and 107th orders. Bucky had one more question that need answering. "Sir, if you may allow me to ask one more question." Lt. Jones nod gesturing Bucky to continue, "How did Smith make his way this far? What happen to his unit?" Bucky asked with confusion. Lt. Jones turned his head debating on telling Bucky what happen. "Sgt. Barnes, what i'm about to tell you must be keep between us, understand." Lt. Jones said quietly Bucky nod his head. 

"It would seem Smith had this planned for a while. He said he did it to please the higher ups, when he spotted you and Ramona at the recruitment center, he thought you would be an easy target to capture at first, but what he didn't count on i'm sure was your abilities, you have a gift Sgt. Barnes, a gift that a lot of people don't have, you're a good fighter, an even better shooter, Smith knew if he took you back to Hydra it wouldn't look good for him, he would stay...what ever he is now, and they might make you into their solider instead of him. According to his interrogation papers, he already told Hydra about a solider that he would capture for them and they won't be disappointed. It was to late for him to just give up so he tried to kill you tonight. His jeoulsy was his down fall in the end. As for his unit, they're officially marked M.I.A." Lt. Jones said looking Bucky in his eyes. Bucky looked concern, "Do Hydra know it was me, did Smith tell them anything about me." Lt. Jones shook his head, "No Sgt. Barnes he never sold you out to them, it was an idea in his head that he clearly didn't think through." Lt. Jones reassured. Bucky let out a breath of fresh air, Buck salute Lt. Jones, "Thank you sir. I promise I won't tell a soul." Bucky turned to leave feeling a headache happening.

Bucky made it back to his bunk were Ramona was resting, she was up wagging her tail her ears were down on her head glad that her Bucky was back. Bucky smiled at her happy that she was feeling better already, he knew his little girl was amazing. "Hey girl, feeling better now." Bucky asked sitting on his bunk that he was now sharing with Ramona since she broke the post. Ramona licked Bucky face giving him love crawling on his lap, not understanding that she was to big to fit fully on his lap, but she was hurt so Bucky didn't try to stop her. "Ok, ok I love you too, I'm glad you're ok girl, don't ever do something like that again." Bucky said holding Ramona face in his hands, she was hurt but nothing major or life threaten, "We're heading out to Austria, maybe we will see John and Red again." Bucky said leaning back on his pillow petting Ramona head that was laying on his stomach. Bucky couldn't get the conversation that he had with Lt. Jones. out of his head, Why would Smith do it, why did he want to be part of Hydra so badly, that he was willing to risk everything. Bucky was glad Smith was an idiot , if Smith would've gotten what he wanted what would've happen to him, Bucky wouldn't dream of becoming a Hydra solider, so what did Smith mean by 'Hydra would make him a solider instead of himself' Bucky had so many questions but no answers. Hydra wasn't suppose to be this big of a threat, Bucky was worried, the world might have a bigger problem on their hands then just Hitler.

Bucky heard Ramona soft snore and couldn't help but smile, he was so happy that Ramona was ok, when he saw her head in Butch mouth he really thought he lost her. Bucky never felt his heart stop in that way before, when he killed Butch it wasn't even a thought that passed, he just reacted, Bucky would do it again, Ramona meant more to him more then his own life, he loved this damn dog, but this also showed, no matter how great Ramona is in the field, no matter how many praises she receive for being a war dog, she wasn't investable, she could get killed just as easily as anyone else and Bucky forgot that. Bucky looked at Ramona who was sleeping on his stomach seeing her injuries, they were lucky this time, next time they will be ready, for what ever Hydra was planning.

Over the 48hr period, the 107th unit was packed and ready to fly out to Austria, to help their fellow brothers with taking down the Hydra base. Bucky gave his unit a briefing about the surrounding area, the 107th was a crazy bunch of guys, but they trusted each other and knew each others strength and weakness so they were ready feeling confident in their ability. They've done this before, how different could a Hydra base be. Bucky made sure Ramona was comfortable and that her wounds was clean luckily they weren't deep so infection wasn't a big concern. Bucky put on her harness for added protection as he always did when ever they are out and going into battle. The 107th made their way on the planes that would take them to their targeted place, the 107th was getting ready to be dropped down and parachute to the barracks. Bucky had Ramona hooked up behind him for when they drop. The pilot gave them the signal to drop. Buck double checked Ramona making sure she was ok, she even had her own goggles that  Gabe Jones made her, she looked cute Bucky thought before leaping out of the plane.