Chapter 2 Wings

sat down at the table and ate my waffles with ice-cream on top. Then started preparing for the party I would be having. I grabbed my phone from the table and texted my best friend, Alisha, asking her if she could come over. It was only moments before the door bell rang. I ran to the door and led Alisha up into my room, telling her about the butterfly. Alisha took out her phone from her pocket and started furiously typing.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"Trying to find out what happened." Alisha replied. I looked over her shoulder. Alisha was looking at some sort of fairy website.

"Ah ha!" Alisha said in delight, "I found it! It says her that when a fairy turns eighteen, he or she experiences a butterfly that glows, landing on his or her back. The butterfly is actually what will be his or her wings. It takes about an hour or two for the wings to appear fully. However, if you are born in the fairy world, his or her wings will appear at a young age, since the fairies discovered a way to make wings appear faster, blah blah blah."

"Your saying I'm a fairy?" I questioned. It could not be. How did I end up here instead of the fairy world? Questions buzzed in my head, giving me a headache. I felt as if something was on my back. Annoyed, I brought my hand over my back. I hands grasped a stump about as big as a baby's wrist poking out of my back and surprisingly, it felt like feathers. I slowly turned my head over my shoulder. Two stumps with feathers on them were poking out of my back. I screamed.

"Is everything alright up there?" My mother asked.

"Yes! I just gave Lucia her present." Alisha answered. My heart was pounding. What was I going to do? I could not possibly hide this from my parents! Alisha squealed.

"Your wings! They have started growing! Isn't this amazing or what?!" Alisha exclaimed. How could she say that when I was freaking out over here? I questioned myself. Alisha went behind my back and took a photo on her phone. Then showed it to me. The wings had grown! They looked like tiny angel wings, the ones a kid would wear as a costume, and they were white! I spun around, closing my eyes and smiling. It felt as if this had been a part of me missing now here. Alisha gasped, I opened my eyes and looked behind my shoulder again. Now, the wings were huge! They touched the floor, helping me stand a little. They felt like a treasure to me. I bent forward and urged my wings to flap. I felt it. I could feel the air moving around me, I felt myself being lifted of the ground. I laughed, flying around the room. It was as easy as talking! I did not have to think my wings knew what I wanted. Suddenly plants started growing from outside the window! I saw vines growing through the the window and the plant that grew by my window was now a tree!

"Fairies must have some sort of powers." Alisha observed. I grinned. Maybe this whole fairy thing could be fun.