Chapter 7 Max

I shook my head violently, how could this be?

"Edwin, how the heck did you get up here?" I questioned.

"I saw a strange tree and climbed up it and it led me to here." Edwin said with a satisfying smile. Now what was I to do?

"Is there any way to go down without becoming a baby again?" I asked one of the guards. Edwin needed to go back to the human world.

"No, your majesty." One of the guards answered. Just great. Now there were three of us up here and probably three sets of parents worrying about us. We all continued walking forward. I still had a bad feeling in my stomach. I turned around again to check on everyone. However I turned a second to late. Edwin pulled out a giant net and threw it over all of us. We were trapped.

"Why are you doing this Edwin? How did you know I was to be Queen Of Fairies?" I angrily questioned.

"You never knew Lucia but I was always there. Remember Max?" Edwin began. I remembered Max, from the fairy world. He was always chasing after me, asking if I wanted to hang out with him. I had always denied cause it was annoying me. However, he still would not leave me alone so I ignored him. Then one day, he just stopped annoying me and he left me alone. I figured the message had finally gotten to him so I carried on with my normal life.

"What has this got to do with him?" I spat.

"Well Lucia, Max saw your strange powers a day before you went to through the veil. He had made me, Edwin, I am a robot. He was going to use me to teach you a lesson for ignoring him." Edwin laughed.

"Right indeed." Max said, in an up-to-no-good tone. I looked behind me and saw Max, his short black hair and brown eyes.

"That's it! I've had enough. Enough I say!" I yelled. Using my powers I summoned forth a tree. At the end of it all, Edwin was hanging upside down, a vine holding him by his foot. Max dragged Mace out.

"Every time you use your powers, he get a cut. Allow me to demonstrate." Max said calmly. Max held up Mace, took out a knife with a thick blade and sliced it on Mace's arm. Blood oozed out of Mace's arm.

"NOOOO!" I screeched. Tears welled up in my eyes. I mouthed: I'm sorry. Mace looked at me. It seemed like he mouthed: get him. I looked up at Mace, tears making my vision blurry. I could not do it. What if I failed? Mace would get another cut and it would be all my fault. I shook my head and looked down. I could not bear to see Mace's face. The guards were all shouting and screaming at Max while furiously trying to slice the net. It was no use, the net was metal and laid down heavily on my back. I looked up at Mace again. The look in his eyes, seemed to be begging me to do something. I had another idea. I used the root of a tree this time. The root shot out of the ground, ready to capture its target. Max just glanced at the root, took out his silver sword from a plain silver case and sliced the root. I winced, Mace would have to pay for my mistake, again.

"Nice try missy, but I have been practicing my sword fighting." Max twisted the sword in his had, then with a mighty force, brought it down on Mace's injured arm. Mace screamed in agony, then with a loud thud, collapsed on the ground. Tears flowed out of my eyes again and I screamed as if I were the one who had been struck. I then collapsed on the floor.