Chapter 9 Mace is rescued

We crept across the metal, tunnel like paths. I opened door after door, to my surprise, none of them were looked. I tried what seemed like the one hundredth door and it was locked. I blinked my eyes in surprise but then jumped back into reality. Remembering what had happened when I punched the door, I punched the door, which left a dent. My had had once again turned into a branch with fingers. I punched another time and the door bursted open. Mace was sitting in the middle of the room, rope was tied around his body And a piece of cloth was tied around his mouth. Max was in the corner of the room, it appeared as if they had not heard me punching the door.

"Mace, we'll help you." I whispered, "Hello Max, surprised to see me again?" I questioned.

"Lucia? But...how? I made it so you could not grow plants!" Max said, his voice shaking slightly. I smiled a showed him my hand. I then grew a thorn on my index finger and used it like a knife and sliced the ropes that were holding Mace. I then grew some thick vines and used that to bind Max up.

"Let's go." I said. The guards and I all flew and Mace walked.

"I wish I had wings." I heard Mace mutter.

"Is there a way for Mace to get wings?" I asked a guard.

"Sometimes, we fairies break our wings like how you break a bone. We could not find a way to fix the broken wing but we found a way to grow a new set of wings. So, we would put them to sleep then cut of their wings and give them this potion," A guard begun, holding up a bottle, "to make their wings grow back. I always carry a potion, just to be safe. We could try it on Mace but there are no promises that it'll work." the guard ended. I took the potion, "Mace, drink this, it might give you wings but it's worth a shot. Mace quickly grabbed the potion and gobbled it down.

"It will probably take a few ho-" I started but Mace's wings had already sprouted. They looked exactly like mine. Mace flew around and around in circles, just like I had, I smiled remembering when I had first got my wings.

"Come on, let's get going." I laughed.

"Race ya!" Mace shouted and flew off.

"No fair! You got a head start!" I giggled before chasing after him. I remembered where my house was, and when Mace made a wrong turn, I took advantage, "Wrong way!" I laughed. I landed at my house, I had won. Mace landed laughing, I was not laughing though, fear engulfed me. I was going to see my parents. I gulped and knocked on the door.

"Lucia! Don't you ever run off like that again!" My father growled. I bowed my head shamefully even though I was not ashamed, if I had not gone down the veil then I would have never met Mace. My mother hugged me tight and I hugged her back.