Chapter 20: Calm Before the Storm

After leaving the crusible, Rex and co try to figure out where Pyra/Mythra are being held. Fortunately for them Morag had requested that the Ardainian military seek out their location while they were looking for the third Aegis.

"According to our reports the Aegis was last spotted at the Cliffs of Morytha which is on the far right side of Alrest. The trip will take us three days to get there so everyone prepare yourselves, we leave for Mor Ardain immediately and from there take my special cruiser straight to the cliffs."

"Thank you Morag. This helps us a considerable amount and I appreciate you going through all of this just for us."

"We are comra- No, we are friends Rex. No need to thank me."

"As chivalrous as ever Morag."

"Why thank you. Like I said we must head out immediately or our cruiser may be delayed for a day and I'd say we're on a tight schedule as it is."

"Alright, let's get going."

With that the group travels back to the beginning of the chain of islands and begin the trip back to Mor Ardain. The trip takes 8 hours but they return.

"My personal cruiser is at the palace on the second floor. We should head there at once."

"Agreed."

Once the group arrives at the palace, they immediately head for the second floor where they see the cruiser waiting for them.

"Special Inquisitor Morag, your cruiser is ready. You may take off at any time."

"Excellent. We shall head out at once."

"Yes Ma'am!"

The soldier salutes Morag and everyone gets on.

"Everyone make yourselves comfortable, we'll be stuck on this vessel for about 3 days."

"As much as it pains me to here such a long trip, I also gotta admit it feels nice to take a break every once and a while. By the way what does this cruiser come with anyways?"

"Why don't I show you?"

"Alright! A showcase from Morag. I wish I had one of these. I am the Prince of Tantal and the represenator of Indol."

"My prince you were kicked out of Tantal and Indol doesn't like using Titans."

"I know." Zeke glumly replies to his blade.

"Anyways everyone follow me. I'll try to keep it brief."

Everyone follows Morag as she shows off the numerous rooms within the cruiser. Rex is surprised at the sheer size of the interior.

"Eh Morag, so how are meals going to work on this ship?"

"There will be three meals a day. One at 8:00, at 13:00, and at 19:00. Each meal will be open for one hour."

"What about yourself?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well your the Special Inquisitor, don't you get your own seperate cook?"