Chapter 25: The Architect

The group is currently riding an elevator to the very top of the world tree and everyone has one thing on there mind: Elysium is around the corner. Everyone is a bit anxious and excited to whats about to come. The elevator went straight up and when they finally got to the top it took them five minutes. The first thing everyone notices about the top of the world tree is that it looks super futuristic at the top and they are currently in space.

"Is that Alrest?"

"I can't believe how high we are right now."

"Better watch out shellhead. A fall from this height might be the end of you."

"Oh ha ha very funny. But this view is quite breathtaking."

"Truly remarkable."

"As amazing as this view is we have to keep going. We are on the border of Elysium and we are almost to our goal."

Everyone quickly agrees and they continue on there way.

As they all look around they find themselves in the longest corridor they've been in so far. As the group walks through the seemingly endless corridor they see multiple picures of the same tree on a hillside. To everyone else it seems strange but to Rex, Pyra, and Mythra they know exactly what that tree is. When the group finally makes it to the end of the corridor they find a locked door with a panel on the side. Pyra quickly changes to Pnema and opens up the door. What they see inside is truely a shock to everyone.

"What..."

"Is..."

"This..."

What they see is a hollow shell of what Elysium was. No water, no grass, no animals, nothing. Just a completely barren wasteland. Pyra looks completely shocked and Rex collapses onto his knees.

"What... IS THIS PLACE?!"

No one was expecting Rex to break.

"WHERE'S ALL THE WATER?! WHERE'S THE GRASS?! THE SINGING BIRDS?! THERE'S NOTHING!! NOTHING AT ALL!! THIS CAN'T BE ELYSIUM IT JUST CAN'T BE!!"

Rex is now on his hands and knees trying his damndest not to cry. Everyone just stays silent and looks at Rex in his state of grief. Not really knowing what to do Nia is the first to try to get Rex up. Nia walks over to Rex and crouches down to talk to him.

"Rex. Get up."

"What?"

"I said get up."

Rex complies and gets up.

"Rex I want you to look at me."

"Alright..."

Rex turns his attention to Nia and looks straight into her eyes.

"We are going to get through this. We always have and we always will. Think of this as a... minor setback for now. What's important is that we finally made it here. Plus there might be SOMETHING still around here that works."

Suddenly a bell is heard from afar.

"See? Told ya. Come on let's keep moving ok?"