~ Chapter 1 ~

A/N: Images used is just found from google searches (unless otherwise stated as fan art given to me).. I don't art well

Additional A/N: This wasn't one of my favorites, so my apologies...one reason I didn't like this story as much as some of my others is I noticed I did switch character points of view within a single chapter >.< sorry in advance... also I don't think I told anyone Cecilia's Age until later hahaha she's 18 >.< goodness I was a hot mess when I started this lol

~Ciel's POV~

I turned the letter over in my hand, I hadn't seen my dear sister, Cecilia, since the fire, the doctors weren't sure she'd make it and she'd spent the past two years recovering from her extensive injuries. I'd thought I'd lost her. The letter was written in her beautiful hand on fine parchment in a beautiful lavender ink. Sebastian entered my study with tea and gave me a curious look.

"Is something the matter, young master?" He asked as he poured the tea.

"My sister will be returning to the manor." I sighed remembering the last time I had seen her.

I had been running to find father as the house was ablaze. I saw father sitting in his chair at his desk, unmoving, I was going to run inside but feeble arms wrapped around me and my sister's waves of pale blonde hair fell in front of my face shielding my view 'Ciel I found you.' She sounded so weak but she picked me up and shielded my body with her own as she raced through the fire, 'No! Cecilia put me down.' I tried to fight her off, she was too weak to be looking after me; she was sick and frail. 'Shh, you are all that matters, you need to live, Ciel.' Her voice was no more than a whisper; she ran swiftly cradling me in her arms. We were on the second floor a large beam fell directly in our path, Cecilia jumped out of the way but I felt her body slump as if it had been hit, she shrugged it off and bolted down the grand stairwell. Blood seeped through her silken white nightgown at her shoulder and down her arm. 'Cecilia! You're hurt!' I cried, 'Shh, Ciel, I'm alright.' We reached the door as the building gave a sickening groan, it was going to crumble. 'Run!' She pushed me forward, unable to carry me any longer. I hesitated, 'RUN CIEL!' Cecilia never yelled at me, I'd never heard her raise her voice, not once. I ran like a coward leaving her behind as the building collapsed.

"Young master?" Sebastian looked down at me cautiously.

My fists were clenched revealing the whites of my knuckles, my eyes burned hot and tears threatened to surface. I composed myself quickly, "Prepare her room for her arrival."

Sebastian bowed and went to do as I bid. I had no idea if my sister suffered after the fire like I had, or if she had somehow managed to escape, though knowing the luck of our family, she probably didn't. Finnian, Mey-Rin and Bard were nosing around the study bubbling with excitement.

"What is it you three?" I asked bored.

"Are we really going to have a guest?" Mey-Rin squealed in delight.

"My sister, Cecilia will be moving in."

They all stared at me wide eyed, "We didn't know you had a sister, master." Mey-Rin admitted.

I shrugged it off as I spotted a carriage rolling up to the manor from the window. I wanted to run to greet her, but I was the lord of this house and I would act respectively. I forced myself to stay seated and sent the three dimwits to greet our guest.

~Sebastian's POV~

I'd never heard the young lord mention anything about having a sister, it was quite a shock, I wondered how she could have abandoned him for all of two years after such a devastating event. I opened the door as I heard the carriage come to a stop. A young man dressed in a black suit and wearing a black top hat scrambled to open the door of the carriage. He offered a hand up to help the lady from the carriage. A beautiful young woman with long flowing moonbeam hair, piercing blue eyes and unusually pale skin took the man's hand. He unfolded an umbrella with his other hand and swept it over her shielding her fair skin from the sun's harsh rays.