~ Chapter 20 ~

~Cecilia's POV~

I don't know how I had let Sebastian convince me that it was a good idea to abandon Ciel in France, he said he'd lost sight of himself and he needed this time to find himself or he would never forgive himself. We stood atop the rooftop of a burning building in London, with none other than Ashe. Sebastian kept a firm hold on my wrist to keep me from attacking the angel.

Ciel appeared in the street below and I took a step forward. He looked so scared, so lost, so broken. People ran past him without a second glance stepping on the bodies of their fallen friends and neighbors.

"Sebastian, he needs us." I hissed.

"Not yet, my love." Sebastian held me firmly in place.

I clenched my fists, Ciel looked on the verge of tears but I saw a glimmer of cool hard determination in his eyes. He was okay. This would make him stronger.

"You two could join me." Ashe said simply. "We could purify the world together."

"You think you're purifying this world?" I shot angrily. "You're doing nothing but creating chaos, this will start a war and bring out the darkness in everyone, how is that purification?" I growled.

"The fire will burn everything that is impure."

I glared at him and then my glare turned to a look of disgust as he began prattling on about the biggest mistake made in the creation of humans was making two, males and females and he began unbuttoning his shirt.

"I can make you two whole as well." He/she smirked at us, he/she was Angela! I knew something was severely wrong with her, she was a head case.

"I think we'll decline, I rather enjoy our current arrangement." Sebastian said calmly pulling me against him so my back was pressed against his chest and his arms encircled me protectively.

"Perhaps I misjudged you; perhaps you are weak if you give into these sinful desires." Ashe/Angela smirked.

"I'm okay with spending an eternity in hell, if this is what I get out of it." I said boldly causing Sebastian to chuckle.

Ashe/Angela merely glared at me, "How are you still pure? You don't even look tainted, yet you let a demon put his hands on you." He/She snarled.

"Oh, that's not nearly all." I winked and Sebastian laughed.

Ashe/Angela clenched his/her fists and glared at me, "Why do you radiate such a pure aura?"

A piece of debris from a burning building hurtled toward Ciel. Sebastian held me in place before I could dive down and save him and I saw Mey-Rin tackle him out of the way "LOOK OUT!" She screamed as she caught him around the middle and removed him from the impending doom.

"Mey-Rin!" Ciel gaped at her.

"Oh, young master, it's you!" Mey-Rin smiled, "I'm glad you're alright."

"Mey-Rin what are you doing here?" Ciel pondered confused.

Typical of my brother, forget to say thank you and begin interrogating. I sighed as I watched him below with a smile. Ciel and Mey-Rin joined the others as Bard tried to shoot Pluto down with tranquilizers.

"You have real bullets don't you?" Ciel shot coldly.

They all stared at him in awe, "You want us to kill Pluto?" Finny squeaked sadly as tears brimmed in his eyes.