~ Chapter 18 ~

~Cecilia's POV~

Sebastian and I found Ciel with Detective Aberline being fired upon by some thugs. I withdrew the blades hidden within my skirts and dove into the crossfire. The blades seemed to purr in my hands as they sliced through the air, they were extensions of my arms and moved as one with me. I sliced through the thugs in no time while Sebastian deflected the bullets. I knew my eyes were glowing violet and I could feel power surging through my body as the now familiar electrical current buzzed beneath my skin's surface.

Detective Aberline and Ciel stepped away from the carriage when it was all over and stared at our handiwork as I hid my blades. Ciel smirked and headed toward me and Sebastian.

"Ciel wait!" Detective Aberline called.

"You'd be wise to stay out of this and stay away from me." Ciel said quietly, I knew he liked the Detective, he thought he was a good man and he didn't want to see him get hurt.

"You don't have to do this alone, Ciel."

"I'm not alone." Ciel took my hand in his and we walked away.

"You're just a kid, and your only allies are your sister and your butler. I'm on your side Ciel."

"We're merely pawns in this game." I called back to the Detective, "If you were smart, you'd stay out of it."

"You could use one more ally."

"You'd be a hindrance. You'd only hold us back." I retorted.

"You're just a girl."

He did not just say that. I released Ciel's hand and did a back flip into the air, twisting and retrieving my blades. I landed swiftly in front of the detective with a blade at his chest and another at his throat. "I may just be a girl, but I am more than capable of taking care of my brother."

He stared at me with wide eyes and took a faltering step back. I sheathed my blades and turned on my heel. Sebastian was smiling at me; his eyes were beginning to glow. The power and confidence radiated through my body and I threw him a flirtatious smile before returning to take Ciel's hand.

Lau was trying to make his escape, by boat. We broke into a naval fort and opened cannon fire on the ship before making our grand entrance. Ran-Mao appeared with two bludgeoning weapons and Sebastian stepped in front of me and Ciel.

"You two go on ahead." He said as Ran-Mao lunged for us, he deflected her with ease, she may be tough, but she was still only a human. Ciel and I ducked into the cabin and found Lau waiting patiently.

"I'm sorry it's come to this." Lau said quietly.

"You betrayed me; it was you who had the letter stolen from John Stanley's body." Ciel snapped, "Why?"

"Do you know what it is?" Lau pondered, "It's in that box there." He indicated a small chest sitting on a desk.

"Your queen plans to send all of England and I assume the rest of the nations into a world war, with this lady blanc much the same as she did with the opium wars in my own country." Lau continued.

Lau retrieved a sword as Ciel grabbed the document.

"I'm afraid I can't allow that war to happen." He lunged.

I pushed Ciel toward the door and met Lau with my blades. "Ciel, go."

Ciel ran, I knew he was having a hard time his mind was overloaded with information, all the pieces were falling into place but the path to the answer was becoming more and more bloodied.

"You know Lau, I've always liked you, I don't want to kill you, find a way to end this without dying alright." I smiled to myself as I deflected his next attack.

"I must agree, Lady Cecilia."

Ciel screamed outside and my attention snapped to the doorway. Lau's sword plunged through my chest where my heart should be and he stared at me his eyes wide in horror, he was expecting me to deflect his blow. I kicked him back with my leg and the sword was removed from my chest and I bolted outside as I heard a gunshot.

"Ciel!" I flew outside and spotted Ciel kneeling next to the body of Detective Aberline and a man standing atop the cabin pointing a gun at Ciel, his finger hovering on the trigger.

Rage consumed me, I felt an electric current coursing through my veins, power buzzing beneath my skin, and a white hot rage as the man cocked his gun and prepared to shoot my little brother. I screamed. I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I screamed and I watched the man's eyes grow wide with fear as he was lifted off his feet. He began to scream in pure agony, and I watched as his very skin melted from his flesh and his flesh sizzled and melted away from his bones. His skeleton landed on the deck at my feet in a puddle of gore.

My body shook with my rage. I looked down at my trembling fingers and saw I had black claws in place of my nails and my veins looked black beneath my skin. Lau stepped from the cabin and stared at me in awestruck terror. Ciel's eyes were wide with shock. Sebastian's eyes were glowing and he was staring at me with a hunger and a desire that I understood very well and felt residing within my very soul as my gaze fell on him. The beast caged within me was beginning to surface, it was harder for me to control, harder for me to hang on to myself, but I was beginning to like the change. I liked having this dark power within me, I was finally feeling worthy of being a demon's bride.

Lau finally spoke, "I always suspected your butler wasn't human, but you Lady Cecilia, you're-."

"A monster?" I supplied for him.

"An angel." Ciel said quietly.

"An angel of hell, perhaps." Lau smiled lightly to himself, "I hope to see you again." He bowed to us and he and Ran-Mao disappeared.

I caught Sebastian smirking at Lau's comment, an angel of hell seemed rather fitting for the bride to be of a demon.

Video- "Filament" By Yousei Teikoku