~ Chapter 25 ~

~Claude's POV~

The ring on her slender finger was cracking, how could she be so strong? Her sheer will and determination was breaking the spell, it was getting harder to suppress her power and her memories. I had to eliminate Sebastian and that reaper, they were becoming problematic, I knew Sebastian was somehow visiting her, I had no idea how much it would affect her; how quickly it would make her regain her memories. I'd need help.

Cecilia stirred from her slumber with a gasp and sat bolt upright. Her moonbeam hair swept lazily about her in pale waves and she turned to me and her piercing blue eyes took my breath away, there was a fire burning in them, but as soon as it appeared, it was gone and she smiled at me, but it looked somewhat strained.

"Good morning, Claude."

"Good morning, angel." I wrapped my arms around her and I thought for a moment I felt her shiver against me, but when I looked at her she was smiling at me sweetly.

"I have some errands to run in town today, will you be alright here?" I pondered watching her carefully.

"Of course, I'll have Alois to keep me company."

"Sorry, my love, the young master isn't feeling well today." I thought I saw a flash of panic in her piercing gaze but it was gone at second glance.

"Oh, no, the poor dear, did he catch a cold?"

She was so caring, I couldn't believe how easily she had ensnared me, like all the others, there was something about her that drew everyone in and made them yearn for her. "He'll be alright, just let him rest today."

She smiled at me, "Alright, when will you be back?" Something felt off by this question I saw her trying to calculate something in her head. What was she doing?

"Before dinner."

She smiled again and leaned forward, her rose petal lips grazed mine and I resisted the urge to deepen the sweet kiss. It felt like she was forcing it. Could she possibly remember? Did the potion not work? I broke from her kiss and swept her hair out of her face before getting up to leave.

"I'll be back soon, love."

"Hurry back." She had an odd tone to her voice, it was too sweet. I shrugged it off; maybe the potion was just having some weird side effects.

I knew Sebastian was staying with the reaper in London, I'd put an end to them. The triplets met me at the carriage.

~Cecilia's POV~

I remembered! I remembered what happened yesterday and the past couple of days, all those times Claude made me drink that vile concoction to wipe away my memories, even the dream I'd had that very first night with Sebastian and Claude in the gazebo. But I still couldn't remember much beyond that. He said Alois was sick, he wanted to keep me away from him; if he hurt the boy, I'd tear him to shreds. I almost gasped at my suddenly violent thoughts, and shuddered as they became even more violent, I saw a vision play out in my mind. I was in a dark forest filled with men and a manor ahead the men were all wicked they wanted to kill Ciel, I slaughtered them, I was drenched in their blood and when I turned around I saw Sebastian staring at me with wide eyes. My head throbbed and I looked down at my hand to see another miniscule crack appear on the stone of my ring.

I'd killed before? I shuddered at the thought and ran to the window to see Claude and the triplets get into a carriage and drive away. I sprinted out of the bedroom and into the hall. Alois' bedroom wasn't far from mine. The door was locked when I got to it.