~ Chapter 4 ~

~Cecilia's POV~

That man, he was the one who gave me my second life, why did I faint in his presence? My head was throbbing. My eyes fluttered open and it took a moment for them to adjust to the dimness. I screamed as I realized I was lying in a coffin and jumped to my feet. My body swayed, I was still unsteady, and feeling a bit faint. Strong arms encircled me and his silver hair cascaded around me, I felt safe in this man's arms.

"You left in such a hurry, my child, the resurrection was not wholly completed." His lips brushed against my ear as he whispered to me.

"What do you mean?"

He smiled a wicked smile before returning me to the coffin; he placed a hand on my forehead and the other to my chest, above where my heart should be. I felt a searing burning pain throughout my entire body and I held back a scream. I hated fire, I hated the feel of it against my flesh, I hated the smell it made as it burned me, hated the feel of my skin bubbling and my blood boiling. I was suffocating, but there was no fire and there was no smoke, but I was burning and I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't hold back the scream lodged in my throat any longer. It shattered the silence of the night, it seemed to last an eternity, piercing through me echoing around the room; a scream that stilled the night. I don't know how long it took but eventually the pain subsided, and I was left breathless and gasping for air in a coffin with the man who had given me a second life hovering over me.

"Sweet child, how do you feel?"

Feel? I felt nothing, I felt no pain, nor weakness, no numbing, no throbbing, absolutely nothing. "I don't feel." I breathed.

He smiled at me "It took a few days, but it is done, the rest is up to you."

Days? "How long have I been here?" I asked unsteadily.

He smiled down at me, "It's been three days, your brother has already returned to his manor."

I was in that darkness for three days, suffering in that fire for three days? I shivered at the thought, it was all over now, and I felt something I've never felt before, I felt strong. "I need to leave."

His eerie smile was back in place, he nodded and helped me out of the coffin, "You'd better be quick; someone plans to attack the young lord." He pressed two blades into my hands, two crescent shaped blades with blood red hilts and made of black metal. What was I to do with these? Wait, someone plans on attacking the manor?

Ciel! I sprinted through the streets of London, I followed my heart, I'd never felt this strength, this power that coursed through me. It was unreal. I was in the forest in no time. I'd reached the manor in mere minutes. There were men scattered through the forest outside the manor, with guns.

"Kill the Earl." I heard one whisper.

NO! They charged toward the manor. My body moved instinctually I dodged around the men swiftly and came to a stop before them.

"State your business." My voice was steady; I didn't even feel the least bit worn out. What had happened to me? What was I? My gaze drifted down to the blades in my hand, why did they feel so familiar to me?

"We're here to kill the Earl Phantomhive."

"I cannot allow you to do that." The blades I held in my hands felt like extensions of my body. I held them out at my sides, preparing myself for the fight.

"Who the hell are you!?"

"Cecilia Phantomhive and I shall not let any of you harm a single hair on my dear brother's precious head." I hissed.