~ Chapter 15 ~

~Cecilia's POV~

I heard voices all around me in the darkness, the broken voices of the lost souls begging me to save them to bring them peace. My body felt like it was being torn into shreds, pulled this way and that and tearing at the seams. I felt cold, colder than I'd ever felt before as the voices engulfed me. Somewhere in the darkness a fire erupted and I felt myself being drawn towards it, as I heard familiar voices.

"I think she's coming to." That sounded like Edward's voice.

"Cecilia, are you alright?" That was Ciel.

"Wake up, my sweet angel." Sebastian's voice was in my ear whispering so only I could hear and I felt his strong arms around me as he carried me up the stairs.

I opened my eyes and found myself in the library where the entrance to the dungeon was, what happened to me? My gaze flew to Sebastian's crimson orbs and he smiled at me and I felt warmth flood my body.

"What happened, Cici, why are you covered in blood?" Ciel asked concerned as Sebastian set me in a chair.

"Some man tried to steal her!" Richard cried as he crawled into my lap.

I smiled down at the boy in my arms and smoothed back his blonde curls. I didn't want to think about any of tonight's events I just wanted to sleep it all away. Sebastian looked thoughtful; I knew he was thinking about Claude, he knew, I could sense it.

"What, who!?" Ciel was a panicked mess.

"Calm down, Ciel, I'm fine, and I don't think we'll have to worry about him anymore." I shrugged as I rocked Richard in my arms.

"I'm curious as to why you fainted?" Edward noted leaning against the entrance to the dungeon.

I thought back for a moment to when I stepped into the dungeon and all the purple lights that swarmed at me and I felt a shiver roll down my spine. Richard hugged me thinking I was cold and I couldn't help but smile and hug him back. Sebastian watched me with Richard carefully with a strange look in his eyes while Ciel glowered.

"I'm not really sure; I heard this weird shriek and saw a lot of purple lights and then everything went black." I shrugged.

"You kind of floated for a minute and then you just fell." Richard breathed, "I was scared you were gone." He sniffled.

"I'm not going anywhere." I beamed.

"It's like the souls were drawn to you." Edward commented.

"I don't know why that would be."

"You died once but you've come back in such a stronger state than anyone else. You can go where you please and do everything you could when you were alive. You appear to glow to me and Richard, perhaps there's more to you." Edward was thoughtful now too.

The only person who would know anything on this matter would be, Undertaker. I sighed, I wished he was here, I had so many questions, and I really wanted to talk to Sebastian alone as well. I looked up at him but he was still lost in thought. I sighed to myself, "I really have no idea, your majesty, I've never encountered ghosts or body-less souls before now."

"You're an angel." Richard said as if it were obvious, "That's why we're all drawn to you, because you can help us all move on."

I stared at the young boy in my arms.