1. New Resident

Third Person POV

A battle cry erupted from her bloody mouth as she swung her sword down onto the temple of Gaea. She stumbled back and slammed into a cliff, as it collapsed onto some monsters Gaea let out a wounded  cry. She yelled, "You'll pay for that, Persephone Jackson!" Percy grit her teeth. All the Seven including Nico and Thalia were dead, and her parents as well. Only her and Annabeth stood. As a witty remark bubbled to Percy's mouth a startled shriek came from behind her.

She whirled around to find Annabeth looking in shock at a bloody, rusted blade protruding from her stomach. The sword was retracted and clattered to the floor as an arrow embedded itself in the monster's shoulder, and Annabeth dazedly pressed her hands to her stomach as she stumbled backward, looking in horror at the quickly spreading pattern of crimson that erupted from the wound. She collapsed with a coughing fit.

Percy screamed in rage and glowed sea-green as she mourned the loss of everybody and power exploded outwards from her as she yelled, destroying everything in her path as she let out all her repressed emotions. Everything around Percy disintegrated into darkness as she tripped and fell into an endless hole, back into Tartarus as the voices of the deceased echoed around her.

"Your fault."

"Join us."

"The pain!"

"Why didn't you save me?"

The air got hotter and hotter and she felt pressure upon her shoulders. This time, no river was below Percy to catch her, and the landscape turned to the color of blood, and the voices got louder, louder, louder, and finally before she could do anything Percy hit the ground with a sickening crack before pain erupted in her body as darkness consumed her.

Percy woke up, heart racing and panting. She was sweating, she realized as her hand pressed against her collarbone. Her tank top clung to her torso as she struggled to regain steady breathing. Percy fell backward and closed her eyes as she spread a hand across her face. "Just a dream," She told herself, as she retracted her hand to realize she had been crying. Percy dried the water and glanced at the clock: 4:13 am.

"A nightmare," She told herself as she kicked off the covers of her new bed here and glanced at the photo of eight other demigods surrounding her. "It'll be okay." She whispered to herself, trying to push the thoughts out of her head as she began to think about her new life.

-

Nightwing dodged the final blow, landing a hit on the other with an eskrima stick, and watched with a slow satisfaction as the criminal slumped to the floor, ready for the cops to take him. Bludhaven, he reminded himself as he jumped up to the rooftops, seeking comfort in his favorite place : up HIGH.  Not Gotham. That was Batman's. Bludhaven was his city, he worked here. Just over a year ago, the biggest fight between him and Bruce had erupted and Dick finally came to a realization.

He had to move out.

It wasn't that he hated Bruce, or Batman, or the job. Its that he'd grown out of his Robin identity. The mantle had to be stopped. Or passed on. He had to move out, to escape from Batman's ever-looming shadow, to go elsewhere and become a hero of his own.

Nightwing had become accustomed to working solo throughout the night. His whole life had been spent as part of a team or duo. Now, he was a free-flying bird that charted his own course. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as his masked eyes looked at the night sky.

Even he had to admit that it did get lonely sometimes. Once, he'd even turned to his side in a fight to find nothing but empty air and memories, remembering how he would exchange a simple glance with whoever he was fighting with and they'd work together flawlessly.