12. Reunited Once More

Hi everybody. Yes, I'm back, I'm not dead. I'm trying to keep to my usual updating schedule (or, AS normal as possible), but updates until further notice are gonna be fewer and farther in between, but I hope that when I update you guys will like it. This chapters kind of all over the place, but near with me. Here are the reasons so I don't get shot.

1. I am dealing with a shit ton of stuff right now. Some very personal stuff and also getting poked at and made fun of because I'm bi, which is getting pretty bad.

2. I am quite sick, I have pneumonia, had it for about three weeks, getting better however.

3. I recently qualified for FINA World Cup, which is one of the pretty big world Swimming things.

All that aside....

I do this weird thing where I write the first chapters and then the last chapter pops into my head so I have to build the story into that path. So I have the last part of the last chapter. I know I'm evil, here it is:

Flying Grayson. Robin. Nightwing.

Richard Grayson...look at me...

Air. Wind. Rush. Fast.

Dick, I want you to know...

Love. Hate. Noise. Silence.

Blue. Eyes. Hers.

I love you...

I'll leave you there ;). On with the chapter!

---

Third Person POV

Mary Grayson stared at her son in disbelief. How long had it truly been? Her young bouncy acrobat was, not entirely gone, but hidden. He was so grown up, eighteen years old, and his bright blue eyes were a bit duller and burdened. He was leanly muscular and his hair had grown out a bit longer. But he was still her Robin.

"That's not possible," he said, biting his lip. He closed his eyes. "You're dead," Dick's voice was so painfilled that Mary and John didn't know what to do. Tears fell out of the eyes of the girl next to him before she clenched her fists. "Zeus, I swear on the River Styx that this is not funny, YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?" She was fuming. "THIS IS YOUR IDEA OF A JOKE? TO BRING DEAD PEOPLE'S IMAGES AND TEASE US ABOUT WHAT WE NO LONGER HAVE? I WILL COME TO OLYMPUS AND BEAT YOUR GODLY ASS TO HELL-" "Percy," Annabeth said calmly.

Percy's eyes snapped to Annabeth who flinched at the black cracks now in them. "We're here, we're not alive, but we'll explain..." Percy and Dick were holding hands behind their backs and Dick's hand was slack. "Mami? Tati?" He said in disbelief. John smiled and Mary stretched out a hand to touch Dick's face, he was taller than her now. He flinched but her finger brushed his cheek as though she were solid, yet she was slightly fuzzy like a superimposed image, the reminder she wasn't alive.

Finally, Dick bit his lip and let go of Percy's hand, tears running down his face as his parents hugged him. "Ești aici, ești aici," he said (You're here, you're here). "Yes, puțin pasăre," (little bird). Bruce watched with a slight pang. He was happy for Dick, the boy needed good in his life, but it also made him sad. It meant he would stop being a father to him. He had his father back, but Bruce was grateful that for ten years he'd been a father figure to him. 

"Bruce," a voice said and he turned to see the ghostly figures of his mother and father. "Mom...Dad..I-" he didn't know what to say, never really good with emotions. He just hugged them. 

Percy hugged all her friends, still not quite believing she got to see them, but guilt slowly ebbing away at her, they'd be fully alive if not for her. The pounding in her head was getting louder and louder and the pain was increasing until her lungs were on fire and her head was screaming. "Shit," she muttered.