9. The Border Breach (PREVIEW)

Hey! I really wanted to get a new chapter out but I can't really focus on it well enough, so I wrote the first bit to let you guys know it a little and leave you with another cliffy.

Third Person POV

The camp watched in horror as Percy fell, free-wheeling.

She wasn't scared. She hadn't told anyone. As she fell, the sleeves of the jacket she always wore rolled up to reveal straight lines of scars, each with the same depth and length. Her punishment for all her sins.

But then, she wanted to have more time to live, more time to fall even more in love with Dick. She would just continue this practice. Hurtling towards the ground, swung herself towards the wall, using a move Dick had taught her when they fell from a ruined building. She swung herself closer to the wall and used her converse clad foot as a brace, shoving it into a foothold. Tendrils of pain shot up her foot but it had done its job, it stopped her enough that she was able to bend back and grab a handhold. 

She was a few meters from the ground, so she used her core strength and managed to scale the wall down. She fell sideways and rolled onto her feet, breathing heavily. She felt arms around her and looked up to meet Dick's blue eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. She managed a tired grin and pulled her sleeves down. "Okay as I'll ever be after falling from two hundred feet," she joked.

Dick sighed and kissed her forehead before Jason came over. "Shoot, Percy, are you okay?" He'd scaled the ladder down the other side. "I'm fine Jason, don't worry." 

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" Percy asked. "O-only Nightwing and Seabird can pull that move," Nyssa stuttered. Percy glanced sideways and caught Dick's eye with a grin. "It's nothing, but I believe I am wanted in the amphitheater?" When everybody nodded, she sighed and said, "Okay then, I'll be there." She took Dick's hand and they walked together towards the place where campers had started to gather. "This is amazing," he breathed, and Percy looked up at him. "It's home," she replied simply.

----

So began an extremely long explanation, on how no, she was not dead, and she trusted them all. With a nod, they silently agreed that they would reveal who they were. Percy could make them swear on the River Styx not to tell. But not before a dark shadow appeared behind her.

Quietly, she twisted a ring on her finger and a knife slipped into her hand. The demigods tensed in an almost unnoticeable manner and only Percy noticed them getting their weapons out, and she turned her head slightly to see Dick having a tight grip on his weapons.

Then, the shadow disappeared. Dick narrowed his eyes. "Team, in uniform and formation." He said, his tone changing completely. The teens darkened, and the demigods watched on.

Dick pulled open the front of his shirt to display the familiar blue emblem. Stepping out, he quickly put on his mask. Jason unzipped his jacket to display the blood red Bat symbol and he slipped on a red mask and helmet. Tim and Damian also pulled open their clothes. Tim pulled up his cowl and Damian put on his mask and pulled up his hood. 

Artemis also pulled hers off, revealing her Tigress costume and Wally and Bart clicked a ring that was a duplicate of his uncle's/grandfather's and was instantly in their uniforms. Jaime allowed the beetle to encase him and the rest of the team were in uniform.

Everybody stared agape. This was the Justice League's junior covert ops team, renowned several times. Finally, Percy pressed the back of light blue amulet and her uniform appeared on her. Seabird. It clicked in everyone's minds. Percy pulled off that move because she was Seabird.

"Holy-" Seabird gave them a warning each with a look. She crept behind Nightwing and condensed her molecules so she was invisible when a shadow leaped out and tackled Nightwing to the ground. Seabird appeared again and shock was evident on her face as she recognized the attacker.

"Akhlys, " she spat, circling her like a vulture as her normal clothes slipped back on. The goddess of misery grinned, making many people turn away in fear. An army of arai appeared behind her, each grinning at the daughter of Poseidon.  "You escaped my realm, but Tartarus is not pleased. I will kill you, Persephone Jackson." 

--

Hope you guys liked it. I'll try to post the full thing soon, I'm in a rough place rn. Thanks for your continuous support in my writing.

- Olive