7. A Show of Blessings

This is dedicated to CourtNicxYJ_Robin, happy (one day late) birthday, even if you don't read this book, but this is the earliest update I can get in!

Before I get started, I'd like to say that I'm taking down the United Fronts book. Because its an original, its not read very much, and I thought, hey, why not make Olive aka Shadow Assassin into Percy? Or have Percy change a little? You guys are probably gonna hate me, but here are some things that will happen (or, hints)

-Percy will have depression. Like, severe. You guys probably hate me already. But I'm not just jumping it into the story, mind you. I'll build it up to there.

- She'll also have asthma. My level, meaning having tested nearly every dam inhaler. Also will be built up.

- Again, a build-up to, but there'll be an incurable disease. We'll see who gets it.

- Due to my original plans, Percy will become a singer, with either Jason or Dick being one too. Which one do you guys think should be the other singer? Personally, I think Jason to be honest, but what about you guys?

- And lastly, the mantle of Seabird will be passed down to someone and, surprise, Percy instead will become someone else. You can probably guess who. I know you guys hate me for this already but I think it would be a nice twist, especially for...ah...future plans, so I hope you like it anyways.

Third Person POV

Seabird's words caught in her throat and a low strangled scream escaped. She sprinted and caught him as he fell backward, and the team was sprinting towards them. Tim was yelling into his communicator, "Nightwing's down!" Batman's voice was muffled by the chaos around them, and Nightwing's breathing was short and erratic, settling into the rhythm of a panic attack. Kid Flash quickly ran over and scooped up his best friend. 

Seabird glared at everybody, her half glare, which was like the you-hurt-my-son-now-suffer Daddybats glare that the newly arrived Batman was giving the reporters. "OUT OF MY DAM WAY!" Seabird yelled as they all ran towards an alleyway, and everybody paled drastically before shoving each other out of the way in order to satisfy the angry daughter of the sea.

Batman swung in on his grappling hook as they ducked the flashing cameras and reporters. "What happened?" He asked as Seabird put pressure on the wound. The team explained, and Nightwing's breathing got faster and more irregular. "He's having a panic attack!" Superboy said. "Breathe, Nightwing, breathe, "Robin said, trying to calm him down. But it wasn't working. The only way Seabird could think of was what she'd once seen a pair of demigods during the war. She kissed him, and despite the looks, the team gave her she continued, and slowly as Nightwing relaxed into the kiss his breathing evened out. "He's dying! What was that for?" Blue Beetle yelled.

Seabird and Nightwing had a faint pink tinge on their cheeks. "When you kiss someone, you hold your breath..." Seabird trailed off as Nightwing grunted in pain and the team nodded slowly. Batman knelt by the bluebird. "He's lost too much blood. We won't be able to get him back fast enough," the team began to panic.

Seabird took a deep breath, "I can help. I can't... heal him, exactly, but I can transfer it." "What...do you mean...by transfer?" Nightwing gasped out, Seabird hushed him and told him to breathe deeply. "Doesn't matter. I need to be out of uniform, cover me." The rest of the team locked into a wall blocking the alleyway. Seabird tapped her bracelet and her uniform retracted, leaving Percy in jeans, a three quarter sleeved burgundy shirt, and her combat boots. She closed her eyes, and Damian heard Artemis suck in a quiet breath as Percy's hands began to glow orange.

Her eyes snapped open and were a solid orange color. Nightwing gasped and Percy put her hands on his stomach where the wound was. The wound started to fade, the blood replenishing and it closed, sealing itself up perfectly, leaving only a rip in the hero's uniform. He sat up, breathing heavily. "How did you-" He noticed Percy leaning over her stomach, pressing her hands into it. Transfer. He repeated to himself. Percy had transferred his wound to her stomach. "Oh god, Percy," he said, and Percy managed to choke out, "Pipes," she lifted a weak hand towards the water pipes running along the side. Jason slid a gun out from his jacket and shot the pipe, but it wouldn't release enough water. M'gann was trying to stem the blood, so Artemis backed up against the wall with the pipe, ran towards the opposite wall and used it as a springboard and launched herself towards the leaking pipes, slamming her bow down and releasing a torrent of water.