17. Understanding

*laughs nervously*

hI eVeryoNe.

As you can see, I am very much alive.

Barely. 

. This also means updates will become pretty infrequent now. I'm sorry, but I don't have a lot of time to write anymore. :(

I SWEAR however, that this book will NOT be DISCONTINUED as long as I have something to do about it. I actually have a plot (somewhat) now ahahahahahaha.

Idk what to say so I'll get on with the story before y'all drag me to filth.

Third Person POV

"Let me get this straight. You, are me, from three years into the future?" Robin asked Dick, who nodded, tapping his foot nervously. Monsters would still be wherever Percy was, and there were a million different things that could go wrong. 

"Yeah, I'm you, nineteen years old. With the Young Justice team. Wanting to know why I'm here. Needing to go back to where I was." Dick replied shortly. Wally nudged him and Dick shot a Batglare toward the redhead. 

"How does he end up like you?" Beast Boy asked. Dick opened his mouth to respond when his touch bracelet buzzed.

As a Valentine's Day surprise, Dick had gotten Percy and him touch bracelets. When one person touched it, the partner's bracelets buzzed. Great reassurance when one was dying in an abandoned warehouse somewhere. (*chokes* sorry Jason-)

Oh, there were probably microchip trackers Bruce somehow managed to put in as well, but that's totally normal. All trace of tension escaped Dick, leaving his shoulders to drop and expression to soften. Apparently, this stuff worked across time travel and dimensions.

Nice.

"My guess is that fate took you," Wally pointed to Robin, "grew you up, put you with Percy, and boom. Now you're you." The redhead moved his hands to a sighing Dick.

"Hold up, who's Percy?" Cyborg asked, rather confused by the name. A smile finally carved its way onto Dick's face. "My girlfriend."

As expected, Starfire looked ready to kill someone. Almost laughable. 

The acrobat, noticing this but choosing to ignore it, pulled out his phone and scrolled through his photos, clicking the screen and turning it to face the teens. Their cat, Archimedes, was sitting calmly on their table in the background, amber eyes looking curiously at the camera. Dick and Percy were at the front, facing the camera with grins across their faces. His hands were around her waist and hers around his neck. 

"Woah," Beast Boy said, eyes nearly popping out of his sockets. Dick swiped the screen to show them another picture, this time of Percy in the pool. Only her upper body was out of the water, but the picture was hella cool. Her head was tilted back and her jet black hair was about her face, swirling the water around. She was caught in the midst of a hair flip, the water in a circle, framing the smile on her face. 

"She's at a different time. I don't know how we got here, but-" A realization hit Dick like a train. "The zeta tube modifications.." he whispered.

His speedster friend frowned. "What?" The bird looked at them impatiently. "We have zeta tubes, transportation teleportation stuff," he explained to the rest of the Titans except Robin. "One of the scientists at STAR Labs was working on modifying them with some gamma-ray crap, and they weren't to be finished today. But gamma rays have a high reputation of sending people all over dimensions and times until they've been contained properly. I bet that's what happened." 

"The particles from the rays must have concentrated into the amount of the year you're in, which means since this is 2013, that you guys have 2013 particles of gamma on you. " Robin nodded thoughtfully as he voiced this, and Wally nodded. "Artemis and Percy left a minute or so before us from the tubes, so they would be roughly 1-2 years into the past from now."

"So let's just locate the particles and take like, two off, and boom! we're at least with Arty and Perce." Wally sped off to the tech room, leaving Dick sighing and pinching the bridge of his nose with a small smile on his face before he vanished to follow, bumping his elbow and wincing on the way. 

---

"Wait, that's me?" Robin yelped, staring at the picture. Dick was flashing a grin at the camera, face illuminated by the sunset. His dark hair was falling into his face, making his bright blue eyes glow almost unnaturally in comparison. Zatanna was staring at the picture and was having difficulty tearing her eyes away from it. 

This was fun.

"Yes. Now let's find out where they are and how—" She winced and rubbed her elbow, where a bruise was forming. She blinked. "How did that get there?" 

" Uh — Percy — your eyes.." Artemis (from her time) said. She put a hand to her green eyes. "What about them?"

"They're glowing. Like, neon." Wally said, slightly in awe. Percy saw her hand was illuminated by it. "What is even happening today?" She sighed. 

She shut her eyes, trying to remember everything about Dick. Her heart was physically starting to ache at this. She opened her eyes and saw him standing there. "Dick?

He jumped. "Percy?" Everyone looked on in confusion. Why was one of them talking into thin air?

"How the— how did you come into Titans Tower? Aren't you in a different time?" His blue eyes were glowing — neon, like her own, and he interlocked his fingers with hers like he wasn't sure she was real. "I'm not in the Tower, I'm in the Mountain..." she noticed the bruise on his elbow. "Did you bump your elbow before?" He nods. She shows her own elbow. "What the- what year are you in?" He looks around, Percy's image flickered. "2011.. I think, what about you?" The mountain was starting to come back into focus , his image fading and reappearing. "Uh— 2013, we figured it's the gamma rays." 

She frowned, head aching. "The what?" He opened his mouth, but he vanished and Percy never got her answer. "Who were you talking to?" Connor asked. 

"Dick. From my time." She said, rubbing her head. Robin frowned. "There was nobody there." Percy stared at them in confusion. "But — I swear he was!"

-

Dick stumbled back, having returned to his reality of the Titans Tower. "I saw her — I saw Percy.." he said, pushing his hand against the bookshelf. "Friend Robin, can you do that?" Starfire asked, pointing at the wall. Robin was staring open mouthed at it. "What?" Dick frowned and looked back, yelping and scrambling back.

Where his hand had been was a quickly spreading pattern of ice. 

-

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN. Yay. I got it done. I'm sorry for it being so short and I swear it won't take three months to get the next chapter out lol.

Le tagging job lol.

Take care my friends !

_i_n_s_o_m_n_i_a_c_ , Hug_trees_forever , that_one_psycho , _rheah4_TheWhiteWolf3214Aromantic_Satan , BrightStar422 , Gellypod3rmyshka3KT2603The_Bisexual_Owlkbs6444Luna_Athena_89 , Aerstar

- Olive