15. A Birthday to Remember (Part 2)

Ya'll HAVE TO WATCH THIS MY SOULLESS SELF TRIED NOT TO CRY ^^ It's from Young Justice Outsiders (season 3) episode 23. 

The bits in italics are bits of 'How Patrol Actually Goes' by Skylark Evanson on fanfiction.net because i read it and it screamed PERDICK. Thank you to @justthatotherpersonpassingby for the idea of having them view some Perdick moments. 

I didn't write a major fight between Star and Percy. You can kill me now.

Major fluffffffff for you all. Mainly a filler chapter but eh. 

Third Person POV

"Alright, Dick, what's a five-letter word meaning, 'a standard of perfection, beauty, or excellence?'" The answer was ideal, but Dick seemed to disregard that. He frowned slightly and counted on his fingers before thinking for a few moments. "Come on Grayson, are you that blunt?" Artemis teased. Dick smiled triumphantly as he announced his answer. "Percy." 

The mentioned teen's eyes met his and her mouth fell open slightly before she started laughing, then she shoved him lightly and looked down in an attempt to hide the blush and loving smile on her face. Dick grinned wider and hugged her, making Percy laugh harder and attempt to get away. She failed, Dick being quite a bit stronger than her, and relaxed into his grip, making Piper smile at her friend. After all she'd been through, Percy deserved to love someone and have someone to love her just as much.

Alfred walked in with a batch of fresh cookies and that made a lot of the party (read: the speedsters and the others who wanted to get some before the formers finished them) get up to take their share of the famous bake.

Kori growled lowly, making Zatanna glance at her and nod slightly at Barbara and Raven, who moved behind the tall red-haired alien in case of a need to restrain. 

The party was going fine, Dick was happy to see everybody after such a long period in Bludhaven, and vice versa with the others. Percy remained rather quiet. Partly because the Dark was causing her quite a bit of pain today, but also because her senses were ringing on high alert whenever Starfire looked at her. She highly suspected that Starfire was standing over a cliff, one side willing to befriend Percy and the other to ruin her life because she was with Dick and not Kori. She was bouncing on a rope of longing and patience, and Percy could tell she was reaching the end of the tether quickly, dangling on the side of ruining her life. 

It seemed Dick picked up on this too, because he reached over and pulled her onto his lap with a little more tension in his moves. Percy thought his protectiveness was cute. 

Unfortunately, Starfire did not. The tether snapped. Percy's senses were making her ears ring and her whole body told her to move. She listened to her instincts. "Move!" She shoved Dick out of the way mere milliseconds before a green bolt of energy hit Percy's back and she tumbled roughly to the floor with a groan, landing less than gracefully but coming to her feet from a roll, remaining crouched. 

"Appreciate the push, Kori. It's always nice to get sucker energy bolted halfway across the room on your boyfriend's birthday." Sarcasm dripped from the demigod's voice. Starfire seemed to come to her senses when she saw everybody's angry and/or disappointed glances at her. "Why?" Dick asked, crossing his arms, his eyebrows furrowing and bright blue eyes darkening like a storm. Confident in her case, she opened her mouth to drag the daughter of the sea to filth when she caught Percy's gaze. The teen didn't seem all that fazed or hurt, but there was just something in the way she looked at Kori that made something in her mind click, and shame hit her like a tidal wave and all that came out was "I-I..do...don't..didn't," nothing coherent. 

Raven placed a gentle hand on the Tamaranean's shoulders. The glances dropped but the atmosphere was tense. "I'm sorry," Kori mumbled, looking down. Dick touched Percy's back and the girl yelped in pain. It was tender but not bleeding. "Let's put some stuff on that, angel," Dick said. Percy sighed and followed Dick upstairs, but she still turned around, no semblance of a smile yet her eyes sparkled slightly. "Apology pending." she vanished.