18. Discovery

Third Person POV

Dick stared at his hand in horror before screeching , stumbling back and clutching his hand to his chest , eyes glowing bright blue . Wherever his feet moved, ice started to spread. He looked around in bewilderment , and Wally felt horrible for him . Dick fell to his knees and stared , clutching his head , and the glass around them froze and shattered , before a blinding white light engulfed them and Dick and Wally were back at the Watchtower where the Team and League were, panicking over their disappearance . Was that Percy and Artemis - and the..younger team ?

Dick took no notice , tears burning his eyes as his blue orbs skirted over them in fear . Percy immediately knew something was wrong . " Dick ? What happened ? " She took two steps forward , but her boyfriend moved backward and yelped , putting one hand in front of him as if to say stop, but instead out came a wall of ice , almost hitting Percy's face. Percy yelped and dived out of the way . Damian's mouth dropped open in shock and Bruce's eyes were as wide as saucers , but Dick muffled a terrified yelp and slid against the wall , his breathing settling into a panic attack as he locked his amrs over his head. The air was cold and brittle . " Dick ? " Artemis asked quietly . Percy moved more carefully towards him , taking slower steps and finally kneeling down beside him , gently tilting his head up so his eyes could meet hers . He strangled a , " Get away - I don't want to hurt you.."

" Hey...you're not gonna hurt me... we need you to calm down , okay ? I know this is difficult , but we're gonna work it out ." Her voice was soft , and he focused on it, timing his breathing to hers . His blue eyes met her sea green ones as he mumbles . " I didn't know...why didn't I know ?" The younger team looked on in bewilderment , but eventually Dick buried his face into the crook of Percy's neck and tried to breathe , the wall of ice melting and evaporating  .

" Is this the first time you've been able to do this kind of thing ? " Bruce questioned , trying to keep his tone soft as so not to trigger the powers again. Dick nodded , biting his lip . "What happened before that?" Percy , pulling Dick close against her , answered . " We had some weird time travel loop . . . Dick said we might have had a problem with the gamma rays when the zeta tubes were fixed . That's why the younger team was here briefly before they vanished . "

Bruce sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose as he did when he was stressed . " Dick . . . I think it's time you met someone i should've introduced you to a long time ago . " Blue eyes snapped up sharply. " You knew ? " Bruce shook his head , trying to calm the teen down. " I suspected . And this person is going to help you understand , I promise . "

Sighing , the last Flying Grayson rested his head on Percy's , who ran a comforting but trembling hand through his raven hair . Times like these were ones where Dick's parents would be useful , but they were gone . The gods deemed them unnecessary to the future ahead , and they were back in the Underworld with Bruce's. Percy's friends had been allowed to stay , however .

-

" Dick Grayson . . . at last we meet . " The voice was deep and comforting . It sounded strangely familiar , safe . The team jumped to their feet , looking back to see Bruce in the cowl walking with a man in silver armour , and the same piercing blue eyes as Dick's . The acrobat and new arrival lock gazes briefly . " Who are you ? " Percy asked , raising her eyebrows . The man looks at her with a small smile . " Percy Jackson . I've heard a lot about you both . Liam Fernsby . I'm part of Curtea Nopții , or as some of you may have heard of it Δικαστήριο της νύχτας. " Eyes widen as Dick translates the first phrase . " Court of the Night . "

Liam smiled . " Very good . Take a seat . This will be a lot to take in . " They obey , and Percy curled up into Dick , providing comfort and taking it .

Liam begun . " As you know , Dick , on your mothers side you were destined to be a Talon , of the Court of Owls . " Dick flinched . He hated that knowledge — that he was supposed to be a Talon . " What you did not know was that on your fathers side , the thing that prevented you from becoming one by changing your fate , was us — the Nightbirds of our court . Unlike them , we don't kill mercilessly or torture . We're protectors of different realities. I am head of our group here - Earth 16. We call our groups Familli . " A smile crosses Percy's face . " Families ."

" Yes . It seems that now , you have unlocked your abilities , which from what Bruce describes , are more powerful than any other Nightbird I've seen , despite my centuries long existence . And no , we don't condone Lazarus Pit use . We use a specially engineered serum designed only to reverse and lengthen aging , not tamper with the mind ." Jason (Todd) shifted uncomfortably.

" But there is a reason for that . When did you start noticing your abilities , or senses , becoming stronger ? " All eyes turned to Dick , who frowned in concentration . " After . . . I met Percy . " The mentioned demigod flushed , to which Liam chuckled and continued . " Very good . Now , Percy , did you notice anything after you met Dick ? " The ravenette paused in thought , before she spoke slowly . " I . . . my powers were less out of control . I knew more about what I could do ." Liam nodded . " Now , the reason for this is that the Court of the Night were founded by a couple . The first Nightbird and a daughter of Poseidon . "

Realisation blossomed in their eyes . " Passed down through the generations and spread across realities , the Nightbird's blood passes through all . You two however , have the epitome of it . Both of you are direct descendants of those first two , and therefore you are bonded ." Annabeth's eyes were as wide as saucers , and one could practically hear her taking down notes in her mind . " There's more . You know the Greek legend of soulmates . " Annabeth shot out of her seat , which drew giggles from around the room . " It was said that at birth, humans were born as one . Afraid of their power , Zeus , " cue the thunder clap . " tore them into men and women . They spend their whole lives looking for each other and have a bond that allows minor wounds to pass between them . " Percy and Dick glanced at their elbows . " Oh . . . "

" With two bonds , your abilities make the other's stronger as well , which is why as a team you two are basically unstoppable. But we need to train those powers . " Dick jumped out of his seat and a grin flirted across his face . " When do we begin ? "

There was a proud gleam in Liam's eye as he rose with the rest of them . " Come with me to the Himalayas , and tomorrow we will begin . "

so um .... hi... hehe ...

i had such a huge writers block .

but then , i started writing this chapter and it all flowed a lot more easily , and now i ACTUALLY know where i want this to go ! I have the chapters in my head and updates will be more frequent .

I am pleased to announce that there will indeed be a SEQUEL ! I am in the process of beginning it and I hope you'll enjoy it .

I love you all , and thank you for your unwavering support with this book .

Tagging again whOoPs

_i_n_s_o_m_n_i_a_c_ , Hug_trees_forever , that_one_psycho , _rheah4_, TheWhiteWolf3214, Aromantic_Satan , BrightStar422 , Gellypod3r, myshka3, KT2603, The_Bisexual_Owl, kbs6444, Luna_Athena_89 , Aerstar,