G

The bright sun hitting my face made me groan. It was already morning. I didn't see Yujae or aunt beside me. Usually, they would still asleep by now. Maybe they were making breakfast.

I yawned, "Huh! What a lazy day~"

I sat up and stretched my arms out to relieve my aching body. Just like how I usually do, I left the room to have a shower. But I realised, the bathroom was not where it usually was. Instead, I was in a hallway which had a black creepy wallpaper and a red carpet laid out flat on the floor.

"I'm pretty sure the bathroom was supposed to be here.." I scratched my head in confusion.

Before I had the chance to retreat back into aunt's room, I heard an unfamiliar voice echoed across the hallway.

"Master, she is awake. I heard her footsteps just now."

Do they mean.. me?

I quickly rushed back into the first room I saw and closed the door behind me. This is insane, what was going on?

As I was busy assesing the room I was in, my eyes darted to the corner of the room, there was a man sitting on the sofa while staring blankly at the empty glass on his hand.

"Wha- How did you- I just--", I was baffled. Well, I was surprised seeing a man showing up out of nowhere in front of me!

How did he do that?!

He placed the glass on the table and stood up. Suddenly the door barged open, making me took a step away from the door. Didn't they know how to knock at least? Where were their manners?

"Master." a man wearing a butler outfit stopped and bowed to.. that man, I guess. Wait, now that I look at that man's face, he looked familiar.

The master looked up with a smirk playing on his lips. I saw his fangs and my breath immediately hitched. He's the guy I met last night when I came back home!

"You should know your mistakes" The master said before walking past me. He shot me a glare and we exchanged looks for a moment until I broke the eye contact. His eyes were icy.

"Hungry?" he asked.

"Who are you?" This wasn't a dream right?

He scoffed, "Come downstairs for breakfast." Then he sauntered out of the room. He's a jerk, why didn't he answer my question first?

"M-miss, I'm sorry for Master's behavior. He is always like that. The maid will serve you and please come down for breakfast with Master because he will wait for you." With a polite bow, the guy who barged in before went out of the room, leaving me alone.

I huffed. Master huh?

-

I couldn't believe my eyes when I reached downstairs. The mansion definitely had an open concept. The living room was one spacious area, the windows were clearly transparent, displaying the  unbelievably beautiful mountain view from every point. Vaulted wood ceilings, pretty walnut floorings, comfortable and high-quality furnishings, and plenty of amenities made for total relaxation such as the mini pool and 4 massage chairs all located near the windows to let people enjoy the view while relieving their sore muscles.

Not only that, the living room had a fireplace, a beverage center with under-counter refrigerator, a sound system with bass speakers throughout the house, and comfortable seating for seven or more.

The dining area was also surrounded by glass walls, bringing in the view of the outdoor. The beautiful marble table expanded to 10 seats, stools at the  island offered additional seating for 4.

The kitchen was directly connected with the dining area, so people can directly see who's cooking. The cabinets were occupied with a variety of cooking equipments, from a blender to a electric grill. A moderate space was dedicated to kitchen utensils, from a spoon to grater. I think the designer of this place wanted to express the vibe of a live cooking show for kitchen-dining area.

Whoever designed this place, is a genius, at the least.

Had the atmosphere be a bit lighter, the place would be much more appealing to see. It's a shame to see that all the curtains were closed, making the room look dull and empty of life.

After taking my time to check out the vicinity, I went straight to the dining room where that guy was waiting for me. I cleared my throat to catch his attention and flopped myself onto one of the seat. The food was already prepared, so I simply started eating without looking at him because I was that hungry. There was a long and thick silence between us when he finally decided to talk. "Don't you want to know of your family's whereabouts?"

I stopped eating when I heard the question. "What will happen to them?"

I then noticed that he wasn't eating anything. Not even a plate. Was he not hungry? He noticed me staring at him and looked at me and I immediately looked away.

"You don't have to worry. I already ordered someone to erase their memories so they won't notice that you went missing." He replied and took a sip of his.. tea?

"Erase their memory? What the hell did you do? Does that mean they won't even remember me?" I snapped. I couldn't help but to feel useless and wronged, realising that I couldn't ask for their help if I want to escape from this prison.

He shot me a glare before heaving out an exaggerated sigh. "I didn't say that I erased you from their memory. I only erased the memory of you went missing. They would probably think that you are going on business trip overseas."

I couldn't think of anything smart to say so I remained silent. I should think of something to ask him before he talk about anything further.

"Who are you actually? Why am I here?"

His lips curved upwards and smirked. What the heck was he smiling at?

"I thought you know it already. That.. you are my wife."

It's real now. I'm a monster's bride. A red-eyed monster who rules a inhuman realm.

I almost choked on my spit. "What?"

"I chose you. And like it or not, you will have to stay with me all the time. No running away."

I gritted my teeth in annoyance, "Who do you think you are to stop me?"

He remained silent and looked at me with those empty eyes. He sighed and stood up. Leaving me alone in the dining room.

What the heck was that?

~~~~

Edited by hai24k