Flower of Darkness

Soon you two arrived back at the, as far as you knew, "PM" and went back to Chuuya's room to hang the dress. He was really hoping you would get a room soon, so he wouldn't have to keep this in his closet.

"Who are we gonna meet?" You said bouncing up and down in excitement.

"You've meet her before."

"Was she one of the lady's I had to pick?"

"Yes."

"Which one?"

"The one with red hair."

"Ohhhh her...... what's her name again?"

"Kouyou. C'mon let's go have you meet her." Chuuya walked out of the room and you followed behind closing the door behind you. While you walked to her room, you took note of how to get there. You didn't want to get lost and had to rely on anyone to get you around. You stopped in front of another fancy door, and Chuuya knocked three times. The door opened reveling the red headed lady, known as Kouyou.

"Ah Chuuya-san what are you doing here?"

"Remember the little girl that came here? Well I think she should get to know other people besides me and Gin. So I brought her to you. Maybe she will warm up to you." Kouyou looked at you and smiled a warm smile.

"Of course she can stay here. Would you like to stay too?" Kouyou asked as she let them in her room.

"For a little and that's it, I've got to go soon."

"Ah I see...." She turned to you and asked, "what do you like to do little one?"

"Hmm... I like... Hide-and-seek, I like to color. Oh and dressing up is nice."

"Hmm, how about we color. I've got paper in my desk we can use." Kouyou went over to her desk and pulled out sheets of paper.

"Yay!" You plopped yourself on the floor and got the paper from her.

"Ah, let's see.... where are they... There they are." Kouyou came back with crayons that were broken in half, and mostly used up. She placed them down next to you, and grabbed herself a sheet of paper. She herself didn't want to sit on the ground, so she grabbed something hard to write, or color on, and sat on the sofa close to you. You drew the story, you happened to remember from last night, and Kouyou drew a beautiful scenery with a cheery blossom tree, and many other plants. Except some we're different than the others, they were wilted down, and a few were in the shade growing just like the rest. Of course you always thought flowers needed sunlight to grow, so you asked, and her reply was one that held emotions that you could not understand at that time.

"Not all flowers are meant to survive in sunlight... I once met a beautiful little girl, not much older than you. Who, was to me, a Flower of Darkness meant only to survive in the dark... She, like all the others, wanted to experience the light, but she would soon figure out that the darkness isn't always bad, and is maybe there to keep oneself thriving."

"Where is she now? In the light?" You asked.

"I would have hoped not, but she probably is experiencing it." Chuuya looked at his once overseer, not really mentor, and knew how she felt. He knew you would not understand how she felt right now, and since you seemed fascinated in this "story" of hers he didn't stop her. Chuuya looked at the clock on the wall, and stood up catching yours and Kouyou's attention.

"Time to leave?" Kouyou asked.

"Yeah.."

"Well you better get going before Ōgai-dono starts to wonder where you are." Chuuya hummed, and walked to the door, opening it slightly, but before leaving saying a quick 'bye' to you two.