Sleeping at Dazai's

"How much more work is there?" You whined.

"A lot more." Atsushi said as he laid his head on his desk.

"Don't be so down." Dazai said and you two looked up at him. "At least you get to see the sight of Kunikida-kun sleep deprived." Dazai pointed a finger at Kunikida, who was almost falling asleep while doing work.

"I'm only like this because you don't do your work." Kunikida shot back with a yawn at the end.

"Maybe you should take a rest for today Kunikida-san." You said.

"No can do... Some of this work is due tomorrow.. and we don't have time to leave it for later..." You saw Kunikida's eyes slowly close and soon enough his head slammed down on his desk. But even that didn't make him wake up.

"So the workaholic is down, huh?" Dazai said.

"Should we move him to a bed?" Kenji asked as he, and Tanizaki, came over.

"Yes. It would be better for him anyways." Tanizaki said.

"Ok." Kenji grabbed a hold of Kunikida and draped him over his shoulder. He brought him over to Yosano's medical bed and left him there so he could rest.

"Let's all take a day off, now that he's gone." Dazai happily said.

"It should be fine, right?" Atsushi asked.

"I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean we've been working for almost three days straight. Though Dazai-san, you did leave and take [Y/n]-chan yesterday. So shouldn't just you continue working?" Tanizaki said.

"We were getting a breath a fresh air."

"For almost the whole day?"

"Yup. Plus I'm older than all of you, you can't tell me what I should do." Dazai said with a smirk.

"Actually Ranpo-san and Yosano-san are older than you." Atsushi corrected.

"No, wouldn't it be the director who's older than all of us?" You asked.

"Yeah, you're right." Atsushi said.

"And you would be the youngest." Kenji smiled. "Next is Kyouka-chan, then it's me."

As everybody was having their own little conversation about age, Naomi bust through the door holding a piece of paper.

"What's the matter?" Tanizaki worriedly asked.

"There's a new job and it's really urgent." She passed the paper to Dazai and while he read it, everybody surrounded him to also read what was on the paper.

"... So basically he wants me?" Dazai asked.

"It's what he's asking for. But you better hurry, who knows how long he's gonna wait." Naomi said.

"Ok." Dazai stood up and, as he was putting his trench coat back on, said, "Tanizaki-kun and [Y/n]-chan, come with me."

"Ok." Tanizaki replied, and he got ready to go.

"Why?" You asked.

"Yeah, why do you need [Y/n]-chan?" Atsushi asked, getting worried.

"I have a feeling I'm gonna need her. But if you really want, you can come with us." Dazai said.

"I'll go."

"Yay, Atsushi-nii is coming along too!" You hopped off the chair you sat in and followed Dazai and Tanizaki out the door. "So where are we going?"

"A subway station. Some guy is holding people hostage, and he's asking for me. None of us know why, but he could want some kind of revenge."

"Oh, so he's holding people against their will. All we have to do is calm him down, and hopefully he'll give himself up?"