An unexpected, yet slightly expected, event

"[Y/n]-chan, wake up."

".. No.."

"C'mon. Please?" Atsushi asked.

"Don't wanna." You said, then grabbed the blanket, pulled it over your head, and turned away from him. You heard him sigh and stand up.

"Well, looks like you're staying here then."

"I'm up." You said as you shot up from the floor.

"That's what I thought. Now go get ready for work."

"Fine." You grabbed some clothes and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Once you were done, you and Atsushi left to get Kyouka and then go to work.

"It would be a nice day to go somewhere, wouldn't you think?" Atsushi said. You and Kyouka looked up at the sky. The sun was shining brightly, but there were a few clouds to cover up the sunshine which made it better.

"Yes, it would be nice." Kyouka said.

"Hmm, actually I have a feeling something is gonna happen soon." You said while looking around.

"What makes you say that?"

"I don't know... It's just something feels off." Atsushi and Kyouka looked at you with a worried face. "But maybe it's 'cause I'm hungry." You smiled, which made them both sigh in relief.

"We'll be there soon, just wait a little while."

~~~

"You too Ranpo-san?!" You asked.

"Of course! Though, it's not much as a feeling but more as a deduction." He said as he sucked on a lollipop. As you were about to ask what he thinks will happen you were interrupted.

"You guys too?!" Kenji said as he came up to the two of you. He was carrying a stack of papers so you guessed he was bringing them somewhere.

"You also get a feeling like something will happen Kenji-kun?" You asked.

"Yup, I think it's gonna rain."

"How do you know?"

"Well, back in my village I was able to tell when it was gonna rain. Right now, I get that feeling, and I'm usually never wrong."

"But it's sunny outside?"

"That can change in minutes."

"Really?"

"Yeah. But don't worry, it probably won't be a lot of rain." Ranpo reassured.

"Plus, the rain is calming to hear." Kenji added, a pleasant look on his face. "And everything is really beautiful after it goes."

"Yeah, I guess that's true." You said.

"Well, I'll see you two soon." Kenji smiled and walked away to bring the papers where they needed to be.

"Bye bye Ranpo-san. I've also got to get going."

"Alright." You left him and went back to Atsushi.

"Atsushi-nii, I think I know what's gonna happen today."

"Oh? And what would that be?" Atsushi asked as he looked away from his work.

"We think it's gonna rain today."

"Who's 'we'?"

"Me, Kenji-kun, and Ranpo-san." You said.

"Ah ok. So why do you think it's gonna rain then?"

" 'Cause Kenji-kun said so." Atsushi stared at you for a second then he let out a little nervous laughter.