Chapter 2: The Gunners

"Give it up Cathouse for...Guns N' Roses!"

***

The loud upbeat music rocked the Cathouse seconds after the band's warm introduction.

Girls hoarded the stage, screaming and dancing for attention while guys intently listened to the live music, trying to impress the girls around them.

I sat comfortably on the bar stool with Riki as the two of us watched the band perform. My eyes were fixated at the five individuals playing their hearts out on stage.

The lead singer had long fiery, almost copper teased hair. He wore these black leather pants that exposed his bare ass to everyone, which made the girls go wild. And, his vocals were very unique, hitting a range of chords that set him apart from other rock singers.

To the right of him was the lead guitarist. He had ink black curls that fell over his face handicapping his vision, but he still found his fingers around his guitar and played without a missed beat. His sound was new and refreshing, definitely not another Eddie Van Halen wannabe.

Opposite of their lead guitarist stood the bassist, who easily stuck out to me the most due to his height. His teased blonde locks were fashioned with a black military brim cap and his face covered with a pair of mirrored aviator shades. Not many musicians could pull off the look and play on-key, but he certainly could.

Next to him stood the band's rhythm guitarist. A guy with long raven black hair that fell over his eyes, giving off a Keith Richards vibe. He remained a little behind the back, keeping to himself as he smoked a cigarette while strumming his guitar simultaneously. And at times, he and the bass player would provide backing vocals.

And finally, there was their drummer. Another blonde whose hair was rather fluffy and reminded me of popcorn for some odd reason. He had this contagious grin plastered to his face as he pounded his drum kit with aggression. His drumming really set the band's pace of music.

Since working here at the Cathouse, I've been introduced to many rock n' roll bands, but I never heard anything like Guns N' Roses. They weren't quite glam metal like Poison or Mötley Crüe, even though it looked like some of them dabbed in some makeup, but they had a distinctively different sound.

They were purely hard rock.

"They're fucking awesome, huh?" Riki let out, smiling as the audience were enjoying themselves from the band's performance.

"Yeah, they're completely different. I really like their music." I answered back, unknowingly finding myself staring at the rhythm guitarist.

"Their music or their rhythm guy?" Riki teased me, taking notice of what I was doing. I quickly looked away from the band stage feeling my face turn red.

"Shut up, Riki." I mumbled out, hearing him chuckle softly.

"Don't be mad. Besides, he's looking back at you."

"He is not!" I turned to face him, feeling a gentle nudge as he motioned me to see for myself.

My eyes glanced at the band, finding the dark haired guitarist staring at me through the curtain of hair cascading his eyes.

'Shit...'

Riki laughed harder as I turned away to hide my embarrassment.

"Aww, I think my favorite waitress has got a crush..." He gave me a wide grin, as I playfully hit his arm in response.

"I hate you."

"I love you too, Ash." He easily placed a small peck against my cheek, smiling back at him. He knew I could never stay mad at him.