Chapter 11: You & Me

"Yo también te quiero..."

***

June 21st, 1986

"Dear journal,
I'm proud to officially announce that I've finished all of my final exams this semester!

Now, I can finally enjoy the rest of my summer without anymore worries until next semester in September.

For the past several weeks, I've been under a lot of stress due to studying for my finals. Some days I would eat too much, and other days I couldn't touch food at all.

Stupid and unhealthy, I know, but this was what exams do to me.

And Wyatt wasn't as helpful as I'd hoped he would be.

Instead of being the supportive, caring boyfriend I can rely on in helping me get through with all of this stress, all Wyatt wanted to do was seduce me into his pants and unsuccessfully I might add...

It wasn't what I wanted or needed.

So, because I constantly kept turning him down, he treated me with the cold shoulder and ignored me for deflating his ego.

I wanted to focus on passing my exams, not screwing around because he said, "it's a good way to relieve stress". Wyatt had a hard time comprehending that concept.

He didn't truly understand...

And...

...No, We still haven't had sex...

To be frank, I'm not easy like most girls. I have to make sure I'm comfortable enough with the person before I decide to give myself to them.

I'm not at that point yet with Wyatt.

Actually, I haven't had sex since my last boyfriend, but that's something I've already talked about in my last journal.

Which is besides the point...

So while Wyatt was off riding in the sunset, completely denying my existence. Someone else took the time to acknowledge my distress...

Izzy "Jeffrey" Stradlin.

Because the Gunners were told to stop playing live in order to build a sort of mystique by Geffen, they quickly fell into boredom, leaving them with plenty of time on their hands.

Without a doubt, Izzy decided to spend his time with me.

He helped me study for my finals, even if he didn't know much of the material, he was still a good supporter.

For that whole week, Izzy and I would hang out in my apartment, the UCLA library, and even the Cathouse preparing for my exams.

He will forever be amazing to me...

Eventually, the guys were getting tired of sitting around, so they've begun to book gigs under the alias, "Fargin Bastydges", a name borrowed from the film, "Johnny Dangerously".