Chapter 1

The next time Russia opened his eyes he didn't feel that great.

The shock from the night had been enough to dull the pain the night before, but now as he opened his eyes, he felt like shit. He sighed out softly, knowing that he had a few classes that he would have to go to later that day. He sat up very slowly, his arms aching terribly, but he knew that he needed to get up anyway, so he threw his legs over the side of the bed.

He looked around his room, it was pretty clean he never liked it to be dirty because when he comes home from a party drunk it's a lot easier to get to bed. He stood up slowly, trying not to aggravate his wounds any further, and walked over to the bathroom.

When he got there, he made his way over to the medicine cabinet, where he kept his bottle of Advil. This was something he did many times when he woke up and he realized that he had done something dumb the night before. He took two of them, dry, since he didn't want to have to go get a cup of water because he didn't want to walk to his kitchen.

He looked at himself in the mirror in front of him and sighed, the left side of his face was basically just a huge bruise. It was almost black, but it was just a dark purple with some spots with a dark blue in some spots. The other bruise on his face was the dark purple that surrounded his right eye, something he knew that would make blinking a pain in the ass. The bags under his eyes made him look even worse than he thought that he would look.

He had a few more bruises on his arms, but the one on his cheek was by far the worst. He brushed his teeth and put some more medicine on his cheek, hoping that it would make the injury go away faster.

Russia walked back out of the bathroom and over to his dresser, where he started to go through the clothes that he had. He found one of his blue and white t-shirts and opted to wear that, he then started to look for a hoodie to go along with it. After a few seconds, he found his favorite hoodie, it was white with grey sleeve and a fluffy cat on the front. This was another one of his gifts from his family, although this time it was something that Ukraine and Belarus had gotten him as a going away present. Russia winced as he pulled his shirt over his head, he saw the bruises on his arms and sighed, they weren't as bad as the ones on his face, but they still hurt like a bitch.

He pulled on his hoodie and started sorting through the other drawer below the one he was currently looking through to find some jeans. He found a pair of dark blue ripped skinny jeans and pulled those on, he looked up as he heard a knocking.

After a minute he realized that somebody was knocking on his door, something that didn't happen very often. Unless Ukraine had some free time and came over so that the two of them could go hang out, but he knew that his brother had a final today so it wouldn't be him.

He heard the knocking again and he shuffled over to his door, when he got there he prepared himself for the worst. But when he opened the door he was actually surprised by the country who stood outside.

It was Canada.

He and Canada had never been the best of friends, Russia almost never talked to anyone other than said country and his family. Canada was a really good person, and he was so kind and forgiving it was aggravating sometimes. He was the reason that he never tried to hurt America, he knew that Canada would never be mad at him, but he wasn't going to hurt his only friends' brother.

Canada smiled a little when he saw him, Russia realizing that he was fidgeting with his hands nervously.

"Canada?"

Said country jumped and laughed nervously, "Hey! Um- can I talk to you? A-About what happened?"

When he saw the huge bruise on his cheek he gasped softly and covered his mouth with his hands in horror. Russia sighed, "Look if you came to apologize for America it's okay, you don't need to."