Chapter 20

Heck- 

Sorry for the huge wait!

America ran out of the room.

What he didn't expect was to run into someone as soon as he got out from under the doorway.

At first, he thought it was a nurse, he put on a sheepish smile and looked up to apologize, "Ah- sorry ab-..."

His blood ran cold when he saw who it was.

Right in front of him stood England.

And when he saw him, he did not look happy.

They both stared at each other in a mixture of shock and confusion.

America was so shocked that he stood there with his jaw open and an unfinished apology hanging from his lips.

England looked down at his son, then back to the door he had just exited, double checking the number as if he didn't read it right the first time.

His father's eyes narrowed, his once confused expression morphing into one of anger and suspicion, "America. What are you doing here?"

America however, couldn't manage to get out a single word, terror making his throat constrict and making speaking virtually impossible. His hands started to shake at his sides, he swallowed nervously, knowing that there was almost no way of getting out of this.

England crossed both of his arms across his chest, scowling at the shorter country, "America. Answer me."

America took in a large breath, his chest shuddering at the effort that it took, trying the best to look confident when he answered his father, "N-Nothing."

England huffed and glared at him, it was easy to see through America's terrible lie, "You're a terrible liar. Why are you here? Why were you in their room?"

America hated the way he said it. Like their were some criminals, like it wasn't his own family who was terrible to other people. Though, if Soviet wasn't such a good lawyer then Third might have been in jail right now, but even Third was a kind person now. Some part of his mind reminded him that everything he said about the family meant that he was saying about Russia too, that was the thing that made him forget his terror and check in on his sassy side.

America rolled his eyes with a cold look on his face, there was still a part of him that was terrified of his father, but this part of him was in control now, "None of your fucking business."

The look on his father's face was enough to make him want to curl up into a ball and cry, he only looked this mad when he talked about being 'friendly' towards Soviet's family. But, America told himself that his father wouldn't do anything in a public hospital, so he just clenched his teeth and tried to walk past his father.

But he wasn't going to have that, he grabbed onto his arm, pulling him a little ways away from the door they were just in front of, "America, what the hell were you doing here!?"

America yanked his arm out of his fathers grip, not wanting to deal with his father's crap at the moment, "Dad! Back off! I was just seeing if their dad was okay!"

Wrong answer.

England went dead silent for a couple of seconds, staring at America in shock, but then he looked enraged, "What!? I thought I told you that you aren't supposed to be near them! Why are you so fucking stupid?!"

A few people looked over to them, but due to the fact that there was almost nobody in the hall, nobody interfered with them.

America glared at his father, though a stab of hurt flashed through him, he knew he wouldn't stop thinking about that insult for weeks, "Screw off! I'm a fucking adult! You can't tell me what to do anymore!"