Chapter 22

After America and Russia had to leave from meeting up with France and New Zealand, they walked back home to their dorms.

On their trek back, at one point America leaned over to Russia, his mouth twisted into a grin, "You know, that was adorable."

Russia, who was walking with his hands shoved into his pockets, turned to him in mild confusion, "What do you mean?"

America snickered at him, leaning towards him slightly as he spoke, "How you hid behind me when we first went in, it was adorable."

Russia, who had been silently wishing that the smaller country wouldn't bring up that certain topic, pulled his hands out of his pockets to cross in front of his chest. HIs face started to heat up a bit when he huffed and looked off to the side opposite to America, "Shut up...I was a bit nervous..."

America couldn't help the giggle that slipped out of his mouth, "A bit? Russie, you were totally trying to hide from my mom."

Russia, who's face seemed to get warmer by the second, started to walk a bit faster, "Shut up! You're dad is a jerk but I didn't know if she would be too..."

America had to jog a couple of paces to catch up with the country, whose legs were much longer than his own, his expression got a bit softer when he heard what Russia had to say. Without asking Russia, he slipped his arm underneath of the taller countries so that their arms were now linked together, "Bro, I told you that my mom was cool about this kind of stuff. Do you not trust me?"

The last sentence was said with a teasing voice, but Russia just seemed to take the accusation seriously, "W-What? Of course I trust you!"

America's grin turned into a soft smile as he leaned on his boyfriend even more now, "I know, I was just messing with you."

They were about five minutes away from campus when America noticed that Russia was staring down at the floor with a look of melancholy on his face. America gave him a concerned look and slowed his walk down, pulling Russia to match his pace, "Rus? What's wrong?"

When he looked up at him, he gave his boyfriend the most reassuring smile that he could, "Is it your dads?"

Russia sighed as he looked off to the side once again, "Yeah...I'm just worried about them..."

America, determined to make the tall country feel better, pulled the other to a complete stop, a large smile now back on his face, "Then let's go visit them! We have time!"

Russia's frown morphed into a smile and with a sigh, he followed after his boyfriend as the other made his way over to a nearby bus station. As they got closer to the small structure, America turned to the taller country who was at his side, "You have your bus card right?"

Russia nodded as he pulled America a bit closer to him, which the other country giggled at, "Of course I do, I keep it in my wallet." America huffed and shoved the other country lightly, though he made sure that he didn't pull away from him, "I was just asking you, you big jerk face."

When they got to the bus stop, America plopped down on one of the plastic seats that were sitting near the map that Russia was looking at. After a few moments of Russia staring blankly at the map, he turned around and sat down on the seat that was next to America, who was tapping on his phone screen.

Russia let himself relax as his back leaned against the back of the seat, "The bus should be here in about five minutes, okay?"

America nodded as he leaned over and let his head rest on the taller countries shoulder, "M' kay."

They sat silently until when they looked up the street they saw the large city bus that was quickly approaching them. They stood up, they had been previously holding hands but they had to let go of them as they had to pull out their bus cards.