Chapter 18

They sat in Third's room for the rest of the morning.

There was a couple times were the injured country would black out, the drugs in his veins made him drowsy, so sometimes he would go quiet for a couple of minutes. At first, Sovi had panicked, thinking that his 'mom' literally just died in front of him. He started crying again but that woke up Third, who assured him that he was fine and that he was just tired.

After another couple of hours, after Sovi had continuously almost slid out of his chair, Third used his uninjured hand to pat the bed beside him. Sovi then gave his father a sleepily smile before he climbed into the bed, moving so that he was snuggled into the side that didn't have bandages on it. Ukraine and Russia just continued to sit in the uncomfortable chairs as Sovi then passed out next to his 'mother'.

At about 8 AM Belarus and Kazakhstan had walked into the room, the taller of the two was stumbling and now he looked terrible. By that time Third was more awake than he had been earlier that morning, Third chuckled weakly at Kazakhstan, "What's bothering you midget? I'm the one in a hospital bed."

Kazakhstan huffed at his father before he sat down on the right side of his bed, so that he was sitting next to his right arm, his uninjured one. He sniffed, everyone could tell that he had been crying but nobody said anything, he was sensitive about this kind of stuff, "And that's why you jerk."

Belarus huffed, she gently poked her brother in the cheek as some sort of gentle reminder that they were in a hospital and that their 'mother' was sitting in a hospital bed beside them, "Kaz! Don't call mom a jerk! He's got a bullet hole in his shoulder!"

Third chuckled sleepily, bringing his free hand up to his face to rub at his eye, "It's okay Bel, he's just grumpy."

Kazakhstan huffed, crossing both his arms over his chest as he leaned back in the hard hospital chair, "I'm not 'just grumpy' mom. You're in a hospital bed and I'm worried."

Third just rolled his eyes playfully, though his right arm was uninjured it was still weak and shaking as he brought Sovi a bit closer to him, "I'll be fine. I've been shot before."

Belarus reached forward to get a closer look at her 'mother's' face, she frowned at the small scrapes and bruises that littered the space near his forehead, "So what did the doctors say?"

Just as she said that, the door to their room swung open and in walked someone who they assumed was the doctor who their parents were being looked after by. He saw the little group of the countries, he didn't look too surprised though, he just walked forward towards the bed.

He walked up to the bed, he didn't seem to care that the others were in his way, since whenever he got close to the bed they moved out of the way to make sure that he could get where he needed to be.

The doctor paid no mind to Sovi, who was only now starting to wake, he moved over to the side of the bed, on Third's injured side, he snorted when he saw the way that Third gave him a dirty glare as soon as he got close to him. The doctor paid no mind to the hostile look and started to pull off the bandages to get a good look at the wound in his shoulder, "I see that you know how to keep your mouth shut when you have your kids around, if you guys are squeamish you might not want to look at this."

Third gave the doctor a glare, wincing slightly when the fabric was pulled away from the skin on his shoulder, the blood that had ended up leaking out making the bottom layers red and sticky. Belarus immediately yelped and covered her eyes, Kazakhstan's face went pale and he covered his face completely, "Ew...tell me when it's over..."

The doctor just chuckled before he grabbed a few clean bandages out of the pocket in his lab coat and applied new ones to their father's shoulder. He leaned back, tossing out the dirty fabric before he turned to the other people in the room, "So, you were asking about what 'the doctors said?'"