Number Five (Part 1)

We were teleported back on the bus with the briefcase in my arms. I cluthced the briefcase in my blood red hands and bruised knuckles. I had blood and skin under my nails as well as dried blood in my hair. We looked around briefly seeing that we were back in our time. At least we hoped. My body was racked with sobs as I took one hand off the case and too my mouth. We got out of the bus together still shocked from what had happened.

 I looked at the briefcase in my arms and ran toward a bench hitting it over and over until it was broken. I chucked it as far away as I could and fell to my knee's sobbing as the case exploded in the background. I could hear Klaus screaming in anger as he dropped to the ground next to me. I grabbed at my clothes and my hair trying to rip my now medium length hair out in frustration I punched the ground as hard as I could until my knuckles were fresh and scarped up as my punches stained the ground red with my own blood. 

Klaus grabbed my arm to stop me as I recoiled from his touch laying down on the ground and curling up into a ball. Klaus pulled me into his arms on the ground. I slowly buried my head in his chest latching on to his green camo vest nearly screaming as I sobbed intensely.

 He wrapped his arms around me tight for comfort as we mourned the loss of our best friend. I wrapped my arms around him for stability and softy as we laid there and cried. Klaus eventually stood up with a few tears running down his face and picked me up as we walked home which thankfully wasn't far. He carried me all the way upstairs as I clung to him. 

He brought me into the bathroom and shut the door behind us with his foot. He helped me with my clothes and ran a bath for us. He even put bubbles in the bath so it was less awkward and I was very grateful for that even if I wasn't showing any emotion besides fear at the moment. I sighed and leaned back in the tub resting my head on the cold rim. I felt the lights start to flicker and bombs go off left and right.

 I heard myself and Klaus shouting for Dave when I shoot out of the water bringing my knees to my chest hyperventilating. It seemed like Klaus had a similar experience. I hugged myself shaking as Klaus pulled me next to him in the tub. I shakily wrapped my arms around his bare torso causing some water to come splashing out of the tub in the process. We were bunched up in the corner of the tub with our arms around each other for comfort. 

"I-I c-c-can't close m-my e-eyes with o-out" I stammered before I felt my throat tighten. 

"Shh.. It's okay I know" Klaus whispered to me trying to coax me to calm down. I tried to follow his breathing shakily while he washed some of the blood off my face and arms. I scrubbed my hair to try and get the blood out. Klaus ran his hands through my sopping wet hair. Klaus also got the blood off himself sighing as we sat there. I finally calmed down enough to speak my mind.

"I could have saved him" I whispered with a tearful voice.

"There was nothing either of us could have done" Klaus whimpered. He was right. I wiped my face of nay remained tears and leaned my head back on Klaus' chest. There were bloody footsteps on the floor and bloody hand prints on both sides of the bathtub. Klaus got up and I closed my eyes while he dried off. I sat there in the tub. Klaus reached a hand out to me. He handed me a towel and turned around which I thought was very sweet of him. I wrapped the towel around my torso and such then quickly rubbed my hair with a towel to make it stop dripping as well as Klaus. 

We walked back to Klaus room and I just sat on the bed not saying anything.

"I'm gonna go grab some clothes okay?" I told him. He nodded and smiled down at me. I gave him a sad smile before leaving the room. I looked at Klaus one more time before walking inside of my room and shutting the door. I breathed deeply and grabbed some clothes from my closet before changing into them. I put my came vest over top of the clothes. It felt like home.