The Day That Was (Part 2)

We searched every single rave we could find and no luck. Luther was at none of them. We both sighed, sweating profusely as we walked. Klaus groaned and leaned over hold this stomach.

"I just... Oh, I just" Klaus started leaning over. I panted and rubbed his back. His withdrawal was getting worse.

"Ugh. This is... this is pointless. I..." Klaus continued standing up and looking at Ben who had been walking with us this whole time.

"Aah, I'm goin' home. I... I have to go home. I'm so dope sick" Klaus told us and I sighed. Klaus started walking the other way when Ben walked in front of him. Klaus chuckled looking at him.

"You know I could just walk through you, right?" Klaus asked still chuckling while walking forward.

"I'm well aware" Ben said as Klaus walked through him.

"Ta-da!" Klaus exclaimed putting his hands up and turning back to face Ben. I sighed and shook my head before stepping in front of him crossing my arms.

"We need to keep trying" I told him while he sighed.

"Help Luther" Ben continued.

"He could be anywhere right now, doing God knows what" Klaus responded and I didn't budge.

"You know what? This is probably a good thing" Klaus continued turning back and pointing at Ben.

"The bug guy needs a life, and tonight he's out experiencing the real world!" Klaus exclaimed looking between both of us.

"He's not ready for it" Ben told him as I nodded.

"Well, who is? Was I? Were you? Were you, Ray?" He asked each of us. I stayed quiet.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know you weren't ready to die violently at a young age" Klaus continued wiping his face and making me sigh.

"And I'm sorry Ray, I know that you weren't planning on getting kicked out and becoming homeless" Klaus apologized to me.

"It's okay." I told him rubbing his back as he hunched over.

"Oh, sobriety isn't easy" Klaus told us rubbing both of his hands on his face. Ben and I looked at him sternly.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? It's not my responsibility. I--I didn't sign up to save you or him" Klaus told us.

"Do you really think I want to be chasing down my drunk brother who I never bonded with, who I fought at the funeral, and hasn't apologized for doing that to me since?" I scoffed.

"You're right! She's right! You didn't. But if you were in trouble, there is nothing in this world Luther wouldn't do to save your scrawny little junkie ass. You too Ranna! He would do anything to save his little drunken sisters ass!" Ben exclaimed to us both. I sighed and nodded knowing he was right. Klaus sighed and looked up.

"Damn it..." he muttered.

"Let's get going" I said grabbing Klaus hand as we walked through the alley. After a while of looking we were bone tired.

"We've been to seven bars, three strip joints, and a laundromat. Luther's not here. Can we go home now?" Klaus groaned stumbling along.

"Would he give up on you?" Ben asked motivating him as we sighed and rounded the corner. We heard women laughing.

"That's the biggest hairy guy I have ever seen" We heard a woman say talking to her friends. We all looked at each other and sighed again. We went in and immediately my head started to hurt from the loud noise. Klaus and I walked in and held our fingers to our ears groaning. We tried looking through the crowd of people, but no luck.