Forty-six

Nashira chuckled at Samila who was concentrating on spying on her mate who was scooping out the room for their meeting that morning.

"Quiet, he might hear you," Samila harshly whispered.

"I'm sure he knew we were here from the strong smells you've been giving off this morning."

"It's not my fault that perfume can't cover up sweat perfectly and it's you who said we didn't have enough time for a full bath before the meeting."

"And right that you didn't take one or else you would have missed the chance to ogle your mate."

"Well yes, but-"

"I seem to know someone's butt you've been staring at for the past few minutes," Nashira interrupted.

Samila flushed and looked flustered for a few seconds until something from behind them caught her attention and made her smile. Nashira didn't even think, she just opened a window to the mirror realm narrowly escaping Kaimuzu's lunge to tickle her.

"That's no fair Nashira!" Samila cried indignantly.

"I just wanted a hug since you left so early this morning," Kaimuzu pouted and looked around for her.

Nashira smirked and quickly pulled him into the mirror realm with his back against a wall and her pressing in front of him. He didn't know whether to look nervous or happy to see her. 

"Mind letting me know why I'm here?" he asked hesitantly.

She gave him a lingering kiss as her answer and pulled way just as they were both breathless. 

"Hey, stop whatever you two are doing because everyone's showing up!" Samila hissed from a few feet behind them. 

Kaimuzu whined and hugged Nashira closer to him, not wanting to let go. But they eventually walked with Samila over to Helion's office to find everyone already there except for the High Lady and her sister. The Shadowsinger was waiting outside for them even though he had secretly given Samila a longing glance. But it wasn't long until they came and they started their meeting. 

"Let me cut to the chase here. Will this entire conversation remain between the chosen ears present?" the High Lady asked.

"This room is soundproof and none within the room will spill secrets told here" Helion replies.

"I'm here Helion because I am mateless and the sole ruler of my court".

"So, you want to unify our territories together through marriage," he says sharply.

She quickly dismissed the idea of Feyre asking for such a thing based on the very pointed reminder of the sapphire ring on her ring finger. 

"No, I wish for you to lend your strength during a perilous time for me".

Nashira raises an eyebrow at her words, letting her curiosity show on her face. Sometimes the easiest and most comfortable way of prompting someone to speak was being interested, very interested in what they had to say but that wasn't necessary this time as the High Lady spoke willingly. 

"I am with child and I need another High Lords help to protect what's important during my labour."

Nashira pointedly stared in shock at the High Lady's stomach and used a trick of making viewing holes in front of her eyes to the mirror realm to ascertain if she was telling the truth. No form of glamours worked in the mirror realm as she'd accidentally learned by walking into a heated make-out session between Asim and Shala a few decades ago. The High Lady was very pregnant as she dropped her glamour.

"You want me to be the one," Helion asks, finally breaking the silence.

"Yes," she said simply with an absolute focus to her. Like Helion had better understand that if he messed this up, he'd have bigger enemies than angry spouses of secret lovers to deal with.

Helion leans back in his seat and gains a calculating look in his eyes as he thought about her request and how he no doubt could bring back Rhysand at the same time.

"I would be honoured Feyre to do this for you, especially because you trust me enough to."

"Why do you trust him and come to us with your dilemma?" Asim asks.

I let him ask the questions we need to be answered and began thinking of strategies to protect the High Lady during labour.

"Because I have a gut feeling that I can and the fact you were the closest friend Rhys had among the High Lords," she said with no small amount of sadness.

The look on his face shows that he too thinks of Rhysand as a friend or else he would go so far to revive him from his state of limbo. If Helion's theory was correct, which they usually were since he did immense research before sharing any of his theories. She had to admit that he was thorough in more ways than just in bed, but that made him an excellent High Lord. 

We go on to plan for a good two hours for all events and contingencies because this was the fate of an entire Court at hands if anything went wrong. The only snag in all our plans was that Asim planned to leave Madu in charge of the army while we were away when Ma'at was usually the one left in command.

"Are you sure you want Madu to be in charge while you're gone?" 

"Nashira, your Uncle is capable of taking control until I get back," Asim replies.

She scoffs but lets it go. She knew he was just giving Madu something to do to keep him busy and out of trouble until they returned. 

"Feyre, I don't know how we've overlooked this till now but, where is the cauldron?"

Helion's question seems innocent and shocking to the Night Court party, but the rest of us know what he was trying to do. 

"I have no idea where it went after the war. To be honest I was not fully aware then."

Nashira can sense the sympathy and pity within the room, but I only convey respect that she continued to rule her court while pregnant and having lost her mate. 

"Why is it important that we know where the cauldron is?" Elain asked.

"It could be used against us but also directly affect Feyre if my theory is right."

"What theory?"

She glanced over to find the Shadowsinger deathly calm as he waited for a reply to his question. Samila discreetly scooched closer to him to calm him a bit. 

"The cauldron was fused back together with mainly Rhysand's power and a small amount of Feyre's and since now she wields both, it could somehow be connected to her in ways unknown." 

Helion was holding back his true intentions, but since it wasn't good to get their hopes up, especially since the High Lady was pregnant, Nashira kept quiet about his plans. The High Lady quietly asks to make finding the cauldron and neutralizing it as a threat, the top priority for either court before her labour. 

Nashira felt a sense of dread for the future of the Night Court.