Behind the Screen [5]◤Sal Fisher◢

Author's note : i'm watching brooklyn 99 while typing this- just sharing, anywayy, hope you guys enjoy this one! introduced in this part is an oc of mine hastily made in my mind.◢ 

".. Todd, I love you bro, but I have a big feeling you're going to murder us."

Todd turns to them, deadpanning at Larry. Sal sighs, before hitting Larry upside the head.

"I'm trying to lighten up the mood, I know there's a crying digital girl in your cellphone, and we're all stressed-" Larry suddenly jogs, catching up to his two friends who have left him behind. "- alright sorry, we'll shut up now."

"D-Do you need me to help you, Larry?" They hear you speak from Sal's phone, since you had told them not to shut his phone because the darkness scares you. Sal had complied, since he knows you- his girlfriend is also afraid of the dark.

He cusses, remembering that the AI in his phone is most definitely his girlfriend- or maybe not- he's so fucking confused right now, what the hell happened to his girlfriend?! It's been two whole fucking years since he has been talking to this damned AI, and he needs the fucking truth!

"Dude, calm down, you're clutching your phone so hard you might crush it." Larry puts a hand on Sal's shoulder. The smaller boy visibly calms down, letting out a deep sigh.

"We're here."

They look up at the house, turning to Todd with incredulous looks.

"You sure dude?" 

Todd deadpans at time once more, before picking up a rock on the floor and throwing it at the attic window. It hits, and ominously the front door opens. Todd turns to them, smiling, before heading up the front porch. Larry and Sal gives each other a look, and follows after.

You press up against the barrier, looking at the outside world. This place isn't familiar to you, where are they now?

"Rika? Are you there?" Todd calls out, looking around the place. Sal gapes, the living room is filled with machinery and different kinds of consoles piled up against the shelves and inside the cabinets. Larry whistles, seeing the sleeping dog by the couch. Cute. Todd frowns, calling out again, "Rika?"

"Up. Lock. Wake. Watch out." They hear from upstairs. Larry and Sal gives Todd a look.

"Don't question it." Todd says, locking the door behind them. He glances at the living room, calling out, "Maki, come here boy."

The dog on the couch wakes up, as if by clockwork, it jumps off, jumping onto Todd to give him a wet lick on the hand, and bounding up the stairs. Sal notices the way it jumps in the middle of the stairs, and if you squint, there seems to be a thin wire..

"Follow my foot steps." Todd heads up the stairs slowly, avoiding the tripwire. Larry and Sal luckily avoids the wire, getting to the second floor. They gape.

The whole second floor is just a bedroom, a bed up against the corner and computer equipment surrounding the rest of the room. In front of the computer is a large chair, spinning around to reveal a girl with large headphones on her head. She yawns, standing up.

"Hello, Todd, what do ya need?" She asks, as she cracks her knuckles. Larry and Sal take a step back, having a big feeling that she might beat them up.. despite her short stature. "Did your phone see the app as a virus?"

"Nope, I need your hacking skills." Todd takes something out of his bag, a.. ziplock full of peppermints. The girl, Rika, nods and hastily takes the peppermints.

"You know me too well, Todd oh friend." She gently places the peppermints on her computer desk before landing backwards on her chair. "That's a lot of peppermints, what do you need my services for?"

"Show her, Sal." Todd mumbles, nudging his short friend. Sal glances at him raising his phone to reveal you pressed up against the screen trying to see what's happening. Rika blinks, slowly grinning. They stare at her incredulously, she has a weird smile.

"Interesting." She nods thoughtfully, taking a step towards the phone. She gives them each a look. "Is this related to Y/N L/N?"

"Ho-How did you know?" Sal stammers.

"They've consulted me about this over the past two years. I've hacked into every police station, but found nothing. Even surveillance cameras around Nockfell." Rika reaches for a peppermint from the jar on the desk, popping it into her mouth. She smiles once more, giving them hella weird vibes, "Hand me the phone please."

"No!" You shouts, suddenly covering your lips with both hands. Rika raises both eyebrows.

"Huh, the AI's sentient?" She stands up, going near the phone, "Hello, I won't hurt you, I'm going to help you and your friend here. Promise."

".. Alright then." 

Sal hands the phone to Rika, who sits back down on her chair and spins around to face the computer. They all get close, watching as Rika plugs the phone to the computer. Typing in a few buttons, the screen turns black as she rapidly types into her keyboard. Various codes line the screen, few other tabs appearing beside the screen. 

"That's.. fast." Larry lowly whistles. "Wonder what those hands can do."

"Break your nose." Rika pauses, taking a hand off the keyboard as she takes the mouse and observes at the other screens.

"How is she in our school?" Sal asks Todd.

"You don't know her as a girl though." Todd replies. "You know Mark Jonathan?"

Sal turns to Rika, remembering her face. Same features.

".. Oh, okay, now I see it." Sal nods slowly. 

"Got it."

They turn back to the computer, seeing through a surveillance camera. They gape as they see someone sitting on a chair, various wires connected to the machine on their head. Their skin is sickly pale, and they're so thin.

Sal's eyes widen, seeing the familiar tattoo on their arm.

"That-That's Y/N!" He exclaims. "Where is she?!"

"Please do not shout, we use our inside voices in my house." Rika says sternly. 

"Sorry."

"Anyway," Rika turns around to face them, frowning a little. "I have good and bad news."

"Bad news first." Larry pipes in. "Just so we can be assured after."

"Shut up, this is my house." She frowns at him. 

"Sorry."

"Again, as I was saying." She sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Good news is, I found her, and the bad news is.."

She takes a sharp breath, suddenly looking nervous.

".. is.. what?"

"Y/N's been under our noses this entire time." She tells them. "You know how we can't trust anyone in this town?"

"You know about that too?" Sal questions.

"Todd here is pretty chatty when he's here." Rika says, chuckling but it came out as shaky and nervous. 

"Just get to the point, Rika." Todd sighs.

She scowls once more, pointing at the screen, "Y/N's under the church of Nockfell."

Author's note : hahahaha lord save me now- hope you enjoyed!! also hope you liked rika because she'll be here for the rest of the parts ahahahaaa◢